Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

You’d hope they’d put a side out similar to the one which we beat last year.

The Liverpool fans seem to think they’ll be playing Thiago, Salah, Firminho etc but I would be extremely surprised tbh and a little disappointed really it feels massively in bad faith if they do, their decision to play the kids last year was completely their decision whilst this is out of our hands plus it’s not even our youth side it’s much worse.

I am a little nervous. I know it’s meaningless but this could easily be our record defeat in huge numbers.

its a real pity BT Sport dont have a one off purchase option for this, i would actually love to see players like Kessler, Barry, Chuka, Bogarde play etc.

Edited by MaVilla

7 minutes ago, penguin said:

You’d hope they’d put a side out similar to the one which we beat last year.

The Liverpool fans seem to think they’ll be playing Thiago, Salah, Firminho etc but I would be extremely surprised tbh and a little disappointed really it feels massively in bad faith if they do, their decision to play the kids last year was completely their decision whilst this is out of our hands plus it’s not even our youth side it’s much worse.

I am a little nervous. I know it’s meaningless but this could easily be our record defeat in huge numbers.

I think if you are talking about them putting out a side relative to what we put out that night you are thinking of a team that consists of Williams, Jones, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi. Not their first team but enough to seriously damage the scoreboard against an u18s team. Liverpool have absolutely no obligation to " play fair " as we'd put it. We didn't field an academy side to match theirs if memory serves me. Davis, Guilbert, Lansbury, Jota, Kodjia. All played.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

I am absolutely amazed it's going ahead. It's very likely someone involved with our team is carrying the virus. False negatives are not uncommon.

So now they create the scenario where Liverpool get their squad re-infected and the ball rolls on. All this for a meaningless cup match.

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I think if you are talking about them putting out a side relative to what we put out that night you are thinking of a team that consists of Williams, Jones, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi. Not their first team but enough to seriously damage the scoreboard against an u18s team. Liverpool have absolutely no obligation to " play fair " as we'd put it. We didn't feel an academy side to match theirs if memory serves me. Davis, Guilbert, Lansbury, Jota, Kodjia. All played.

I think Klopp will know that he doesn't need to put out Shaqiri, Origi and Minamino - he might want to put some football into their legs, but he'll also be wary that having Origi pull up with a hamstring industry in a game they're winning 9-0 would be a disaster for him. It's an interesting challenge for Klopp in getting the risk right.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think if you are talking about them putting out a side relative to what we put out that night you are thinking of a team that consists of Williams, Jones, Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi. Not their first team but enough to seriously damage the scoreboard against an u18s team. Liverpool have absolutely no obligation to " play fair " as we'd put it. We didn't field an academy side to match theirs if memory serves me. Davis, Guilbert, Lansbury, Jota, Kodjia. All played.

I’m not suggesting they put out a “fair side”, Shaqiri, Origi & Minamino are very different to Salah, Firminho and Thiago etc. I’d expect them to play a number of 2nd string players.

Im fully aware/expecting us to get beaten and comfortably. But if they play their, arguably, world class starters then it could get extremely ugly.

26 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am absolutely amazed it's going ahead. It's very likely someone involved with our team is carrying the virus. False negatives are not uncommon.

So now they create the scenario where Liverpool get their squad re-infected and the ball rolls on. All this for a meaningless cup match.

Depends which test you have. The swobs taken by a HCP are pretty accurate. The Boris moonshot/Saliva test are only around 60% accurate (Complete waste of time and money) - Im guessing the players have the former.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'd be intrigued to know what happens at round 4 or 5 if utd, city, spurs etc find themselves in the same position ax us now. Postponed and replayed for sure

City and Spurs would be desperate not to postpone games - they're the teams in the worst position with fixtures.