Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Klopps a decent Egg - I think he must stick some of his own kids own - if they get to 3-0 quickly. 

Klopp is a prick who eats up what Liverpool fans want. if they want us destroyed he will play Salah for an hour or so

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

If forfeiting was an option, we should of went for it. I mean you are playing a game for the sake of it, the outcome is absolutely nailed on. The FA aren't gonna be happy, hurts the credibility of an already flailing competition and BT gonna be pretty pissed too. On the flip side, any villa kid looking for a move in the January window. You'll be on a pretty big platform tonight. Result won't go your way but hey, stand out.

We should be inspired by Donalds Trump - never accept defeat speech. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Klopp is a prick who eats up what Liverpool fans want. if they want us destroyed he will play Salah for an hour or so

Salah will be keen to impress - rumours are he wants a move - get that cheque book ready Nas !

Anyway this will be the death of the FA Cup, it was on its last legs as it was but this will kill it. 

Also BT Sport get what they deserve for picking this game as well, they do this every year instead of picking games which make the cup interesting

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Barry playing apparently - Gregg Evans.

That's promising - I give up trying to guess the line up - you'd think Barry would have trained with the first team this week, so if he's available, all bets are off on what sort of line up we're putting out.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Klopp will play Salah Mane and Robertson for 90 minutes. Win 8-0 then complain about fixture congestion and fatigue. The tossbag

Serves him right if any of his first team regulars pick up an injury.

I've only seen tidbits of Louie Barry play. Be honest with yourselves here, the kid wouldn't be getting half the traction he's getting within the fanbase if he wasn't at the Barca b team. To temper expectations, alen Halilovic tore it up when he was there. He can't get a game with the blues now !!!! Louie might be great but let him walk before he can run so to speak with his development. Let him work in peace with Harrison and Delaney and unlock his potential in time.

Fun predictions for tonight:

Average age of starting 11/squad - 19 years and 163 days/17 years and 256 days

Average shirt number starting/squad - 37/46

Result: 2-1 to Liverpool. We take the lead early because, well you know, Adrian. We then defend heroically until the 90th plus minute then are hit with a double suckerpunch in two minutes after Klopp sends on the stars for the last 20 minutes.

To add to the disrespect we supposedly showed last time, here's more from their manager on the night

Liverpool stand-in manager Neil Critchley talking to Sky Sports: "I thought we were magnificent. We were fantastic from the start, we had a couple of chances from the first whistle. We were really unfortunate to concede and then find ourselves 2-0 down. It was an incredible night and no-one wanted it to end. The support we had was unbelievable.

"The conduct of the Villa players was first class. For Dean Smith and John Terry to come in to our dressing room after the game and say the things they said... They said 'keep going, good luck' and wished us the best. A moment I will remember and the players will remember for the rest of their lives.

"Some of them showed the potential to one day play for us, or in the Premier League. They will know it was just part of their journey. My overwhelming feeling is one of immense pride."

• Like 2
  • Confused 1