Kingman

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, erm....

-------------------------------Onodi-------------------------------

Walker-------M Sohna-------D Revan-----Chrisene

----------------------Sylla-----H Sohna----------------------

Tait----------------------Raikhy-------------------------Farr

-----------------------------Young-------------------------------

I would say that side loses very comfortably to our best U23 side.

if it's anything like that, we could be half a dozen behind in twenty minutes.

Is there a list of U23 players who were with the first-team? Guess there's a reason why you have excluded most of the regulars.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we play we get the TV money from BT - it'll be a couple of hundred thousand pounds.If we forfeit, we get nothing. We're fulfilling a fixture with kids for money.

Spurs game will definitely be postponed, I'm surprised they aren't already talking about it.

We don't play in Manchester or in red. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried the old 'wElL yOu PlAyEd At ThE wEeKeNd. JuSt UsE tHaT tEaM' line on us.

Chicken Mocking GIF by swerk

2 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Is there a list of U23 players who were with the first-team? Guess there's a reason why you have excluded most of the regulars.

There's not, but Kesler, Bridge, Wright and Barry train with them reasonably regularly and I'd have thought that the likes of Chukwuemeka and JPB would have been added to that group. 

It's guesswork - the actual side will (hopefully) be stronger than that one - but it looks like we'll be missing the very best of our U23's.

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

if it's anything like that, we could be half a dozen behind in twenty minutes.

Yep this goes way beyond even putting out the kids. I think you're right. It'll be a goal every 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

We don't play in Manchester or in red. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried the old 'wElL yOu PlAyEd At ThE wEeKeNd. JuSt UsE tHaT tEaM' line on us.

I reckon we've got as much pull as Burnley or Newcastle though!

Our U23s are 12th in their division.

Liverpools U23's are a league higher and are 6th in their division.

We're likely to be without the best six or seven players from our U23's.

They can comfortably field a team this evening with players that none of us have ever heard of and they'd be big favourites - Klopp will see it as an opportunity to rest a load of players - and if we're smart we'll have told him our line up so he knows exactly how weak he can go and we can prevent him accidentally playing Minamino and racking up a rugby score.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

looking forward to seeing some of the kids weve heard so much about.

Unfortunately, by the sound of things, you won't - the best of them will have trained with the first team this week and will be ruled out.

Just now, rjw63 said:

If it was Livercack with Covid this game would have been postponed three days ago.

words removed.

I heard we were still keen to play it - even after the covid outbreak. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Unfortunately, by the sound of things, you won't - the best of them will have trained with the first team this week and will be ruled out.

OK - looking forward to seeing some of kids that Ive heard feck all about ! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

A quick look on RAWK suggests that Liverpool fans aren't feeling in the slightest bit sympathetic to our situation and are hoping for double figures. :)

In fairness to them, I'd reckon they could probably play Van Dijk tonight and still win very comfortably.

Van Dijk is probably still traumatised from his last visit to Villa Park

If forfeiting was an option, we should of went for it. I mean you are playing a game for the sake of it, the outcome is absolutely nailed on. The FA aren't gonna be happy, hurts the credibility of an already flailing competition and BT gonna be pretty pissed too. On the flip side, any villa kid looking for a move in the January window. You'll be on a pretty big platform tonight. Result won't go your way but hey, stand out.

• Like 1