Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Why this is going ahead is beyond me. If I were Liverpool I wouldn’t even want to play the game to put anyone in their bubble at risk. Stupidity. I’d rather the forfeit. Sometimes I wonder why common sense doesn’t exist these days. 

27 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Anyone got any bets on? Could be a chance to make some easy money here. I've stuck £20 on a treble of Liverpool to win, Liverpool to be winning at half time and over 5.5 goals in the game. Might be worth getting stuck in before the bookies catch on if anyones interested in that type of thing 

Managed to get quite a sizeable amount on last night. Liverpool -1.5 (-1 European handi) was above evens. Crazy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A quick look on RAWK suggests that Liverpool fans aren't feeling in the slightest bit sympathetic to our situation and are hoping for double figures. :)

In fairness to them, I'd reckon they could probably play Van Dijk tonight and still win very comfortably.

Good. At least we aren't seen as  plucky underdogs after battering them this season.

Okay, so it looks like I'm wrong on the U23's that have trained with the first team being available - if that's the case, we might see some players tonight that have yet to make an U23 debut.

I have a feeling ours will be the weakest side put out in the FA Cup today - and Spurs are playing Marine.

So, erm....

-------------------------------Onodi-------------------------------

Walker-------M Sohna-------D Revan-----Chrisene

----------------------Sylla-----H Sohna----------------------

Tait----------------------Raikhy-------------------------Farr

-----------------------------Young-------------------------------

I would say that side loses very comfortably to our best U23 side.

if it's anything like that, we could be half a dozen behind in twenty minutes.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, erm....

-------------------------------Onodi-------------------------------

Walker-------M Sohna-------D Revan-----Chrisene

----------------------Sylla-----H Sohna----------------------

Tait----------------------Raikhy-------------------------Farr

-----------------------------Young-------------------------------

I would say that side loses very comfortably to our best U23 side.

if it's anything like that, we could be half a dozen behind in twenty minutes.

I’ll be watching just in the hope that Farr passes to Young, so I can say “yes they are!” When the commentator says “Farr to Young”. 

That’s how much my life has degraded this week. 

• Haha 3

Ridiculous that this game is still going ahead, Villa seemed to want to do it that way, presumably to avoid fixture congestion when we already are playing catchup in the league. But it's basically just a bye to the next round for Plop.

There is NO way Spurs game can go ahead, we can't compete with our youth team, it would be a difficult game even with our strongest 11 players but it's grossly unfair to play that game with an under 18 and under 23 side. 

Given how easily the Barcodes got our game cancelled I'm fairly confident Spurs and possibly Everton will be postponed (they wouyld have to agree but they'd want other teams to be understanding if they had an outbreak). It will just mean playing ridiculous catchup but given we're going out of the FA Cup tonight then at least we won't have any cups to focus on.

If we play we get the TV money from BT - it'll be a couple of hundred thousand pounds.If we forfeit, we get nothing. We're fulfilling a fixture with kids for money.

Spurs game will definitely be postponed, I'm surprised they aren't already talking about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1