Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

They bigged them up because they played really well and should have been 2-0 up.  

They did play ok. But even if they didnt and got spanked 8 or 9 they still shouldnt have been praised. Just like ours tonight

It’s not an ideal situation, and I wish all the squad well. Let’s hope there aren’t any long-term implications.
But I’m excited to see the U23s and let’s hope there are positives to take away from tonight should it go ahead. What an opportunity for them. I was lucky enough to see the U23s a few times before the pandemic hit. Mungo Bridge caught my eye and can understand the interest from Milan. Every bit the modern CB. Bridge to keep Salah in his back pocket. Villa win with Barry announcing himself on the scene. 😂 Stranger things have happened! You can say that with a lot of honesty these days.
Delaneys claret blue army”. Come on Villa!

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If Liverpool field a strong team i won't be bothered watching it.

Our U23 would be completely battered and i have no interest witnessing that.

Glory hunter

That predicted Liverpool line up could easily score double figures past our U23 team, we'd be doing well to keep the score down to four or five goals. Remember reader, our U23s conceded eight goals to a weakened Sunderland team. The gap between U23 football and senior football is huge, Liverpool could probably play their U23 team and comfortably beat us, as they play at an higher level.

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the team expected. They have enough to easily stick 4+ goals past us

20210108_090041.jpg

Surely they're not playing Alison, Salah, Henderson etc. I didn't even expect them against our actual squad. Could be 10-0 very easily.

Just now, turvontour said:

Surely they're not playing Alison, Salah, Henderson etc. I didn't even expect them against our actual squad. Could be 10-0 very easily.

nah they'll play their U23s. still easily beat us. maybe chuck origi on the bench or something if he's needed

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Liverpool field a strong team i won't be bothered watching it.

Our U23 would be completely battered and i have no interest witnessing that.

You will be calling for Sniths head even though he wont be coaching

Really annoying that the justification for this amongst many is that it evens up that league cup fixture against their kids, as if that was our choice or fault back then. 

It's like when we complain if a decision against us and people say well you should have been relegated because the ref didnt give that goal v Sheff U. Again like that's our fault.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Had a dream last night that Delph came back on a one-game contract and I was booing at the TV when his name was announced in the lineup. Also Bacuna and Guzan came back as well.

i'd still rather play the kids

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Liverpool aren't leaving Merseyside til the afternoon, which to me implies there could be some late calls in terms of line-up (compared to if they played us full strength). With Klopp not the biggest fan of the cup, I strongly doubt anyone who started Southampton plays tbh.

39 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Really annoying that the justification for this amongst many is that it evens up that league cup fixture against their kids, as if that was our choice or fault back then. 

It's like when we complain if a decision against us and people say well you should have been relegated because the ref didnt give that goal v Sheff U. Again like that's our fault.

Have you ever considered a career phoning the radio WM football phone In and posing as an Albion supporter? You’ve got the basics covered just need polishing in other areas and good to go😃

Edited by Follyfoot