Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see our best U23 players like Barry, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, Kesler and so on, as there's every chance that they would have been training with the first team squad. And probably also why it's being reported that we're set to play a mix of U23 and U18 players.

• Like 2

be interested to watch the pre match. BT pundits scrambling around today for discussion topics on the likes of louie barry and mungo bridge

imagine they'll just go the lazy option and just talk about covid for an hour

I think what's worth remembering is that half of our U23 team are under 18.

It'll be interesting to compare the age of the team we play tonight with the one Liverpool played against us in the 5-0.

From the sound of things, the whole first team bubble have been withdrawn and there may have been some U23 players in that bubble who won't be available.

If I'm guessing I'd say:

-------------------------Onodi-----------------------

Kesler------Bridge-----D Revan----Clark

----------Bogarde---Chukwuemeka-------

Wright----------A Ramsey------Phil Bidace

-------------------------Barry-------------------------

I think there are seven teenagers in that side.

I think the Liverpool youth team they played against us last year would beat that and I think the reserve side we played against them that night would lose to the reserve side they're predicted to be playing.

1-8 for me.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see our best U23 players like Barry, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, Kesler and so on, as there's every chance that they would have been training with the first team squad. And probably also why it's being reported that we're set to play a mix of U23 and U18 players.

That's the worry - if we're playing back ups to players that are already playing an age group up, then we're playing kids. 

We don't really have an U23 team in the sense that a lot of people would initially assume, we've got what's more like an U19 team playing in an U23 league - if we're then picking people who aren't in that U19 team and bringing back players that we've loaned out in the hope they'll find a career rather than in the hope they'll develop, this could be a dogs dinner of a team. 

That said, it doesn't look like the selection of players into bubbles is being decided based on who has and hasn't tested positive - the players with negative test results from the first team squad aren't being considered for this one and are counted as out because they're first team bubble, but that's an arbitrary decision made by the club - U23 players that have trained with the first team and tested negative might still play.

9 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Louie Barry to announce himself on the scene with a brace. In a desperate attempt to claw back the tie, Klopp turns to Shaqiri, Origi and Minamino. Villas defense hold stern with returning Alverchurch right back Walker the standout performer. Barry goes on to write a letter to Boris Johnson demanding free school meals for all adults aged 21 and above and becomes Britains sweetheart. He replaces Rashford in the country's hearts and in the Euro 2021 squad. This enrages Barcelona fans as he is the natural replacement for Messi. It's a magical victory that in years to come is the iconic fixture that epitomises the magic of the FA Cup.

Love it

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

be interested to watch the pre match. BT pundits scrambling around today for discussion topics on the likes of louie barry and mungo bridge

imagine they'll just go the lazy option and just talk about covid for an hour

They will just talk about Liverpool for a hour. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Anyone got any bets on? Could be a chance to make some easy money here. I've stuck £20 on a treble of Liverpool to win, Liverpool to be winning at half time and over 5.5 goals in the game. Might be worth getting stuck in before the bookies catch on if anyones interested in that type of thing 

The bookies caught on last night. Liverpool were evens up until the news broke and are now around the 1/8 mark.

• Like 1

A quick look on RAWK suggests that Liverpool fans aren't feeling in the slightest bit sympathetic to our situation and are hoping for double figures. :)

In fairness to them, I'd reckon they could probably play Van Dijk tonight and still win very comfortably.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Anyone got any bets on? Could be a chance to make some easy money here. I've stuck £20 on a treble of Liverpool to win, Liverpool to be winning at half time and over 5.5 goals in the game. Might be worth getting stuck in before the bookies catch on if anyones interested in that type of thing 

wasn't quick enough this time. did well last time before the bookies caught on to liverpool having to play their kids last season