Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

We only create something if United give us the ball. We haven’t created a single shot from our own build up play. United have created a lot of chances from theirs.

McGinn? 

If we are to somehow nick a point from this game, we will need to improve our crossing and take advantage of set pieces. We've been dreadful at both so far.

Can't see anything but a heavy loss and have no confidence in anyone on that bench to change that.

• Haha 1

Don’t think we can complain too much about losing, despite the nature of the goal. They have created a lot more than us, I’d really like to see Jack our wide for the 2nd but can’t see Smith making an early adjustment.

We know we have goals in us though, game isnt over yet.

1 minute ago, smg said:

How has Barkley become so important since he stopped playing ? Another month out and he will be in the England squad 

i think hes saying we miss the option from the bench

1 minute ago, kidlewis said:

We are moving the ball far too slow. We must look to unlock space like United did and either move it quicker or overlap and offer some pretty great passing to unlock defence. 

wan sick bag cannot go forward like thag with Grealish on the left 

Grealish, Traore and El Ghazi all guilty of slowing play down when we are breaking - very fristrating

Just because they scored doesn’t mean we should forget we were getting on top and generally playing okay. 

Traore has been really poor and his free kick gave away the possession for the goal. Watkins has been poor in my view and once again a little naive again, he needs to be more aggressive and not wait on the ball reaching him so often.

As for Mings, he had a good 45 but his mistake cost the goal. People can say he is being scapegoated if they want but as far as I’m concerned that goals on him and I think Hause makes that header.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We had a good period but nothing really came off it.

Man Utd are the ones having the shots and chances.

Fully deserved lead.

Absolutely, it’s the best I’ve seen United play since Leeds. They’ve upped their game and we went down a level 

8 minutes ago, blunther said:

Oh well, it was always gonna be a dodgy pen or a jammy annoying goal that got us. We're cursed against these bastards. Playing alright generally. Ridiculous free kick from Traore when Luiz was completely unmarked for the roll back on the edge of the box. We know he can shoot. No shame in how we're playing though, this was always gonna be a bit of a free hit. 

I've said it so many times, I feel like I've spent the rest of my life paying for the 94 Cup win. 

• Like 2

Were comfortably in this game and have dominated large parts of it. Switched off for the goal but looked good defensively, luis and mcginn running large parts of the midfield. Need to do more to test them at the back. Dean will give them a boost and we'll come out strong. 

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Konsa more to blame than mings imo.

You can see on numerous occasions he checks for where Martial is and then still let's him drift in front of him when the cross is actually being delivered, definitely could have done better. 

6 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we're one goal down but reading this thread you'd think we've played like in 15/16. it's been a decent half.

I think that's causing the angst.  We shouldn't be losing but we are.  And the manner of the goal makes it worse.... Traore's free kick set them up for a counter attack. It was so bad :(