Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

I don't  think I've ever seen a more inconsistent footballer ever in the world than Traore! 

Observation still stands, 2 minutes of Ronaldinho and 20 minutes of Ronald Mcdonald today! 

Get him off FFS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

We only create something if United give us the ball. We haven’t created a single shot from our own build up play. United have created a lot of chances from theirs.

McGinn had a quality shot

Mixed bag.

Poor for first 10-15.

Better team then, till last 5 mins.

Really, really poor goal to concede. Traores free-kick woeful, Pogba making McGinn look silly, AEG switching off & Mings should be in a position to clear that, or Konsa.

We were 1-0 at HT at Chelsea so won't throw the towel in just yet, but these do look far more incisive in their play and at times just too good at passing & moving and we have been caught ball watching umpteen times. 

Struggling in particular in wide areas (feel like we've been here before) - Bertrand/Anwar need to step up big time for us to get something out of this one. Fingers crossed we play with a bit more belief.

There’s definitely a case for bringing on Davis. Watkins is getting completely outmuscled by Bailly and even though he might not be the same goal threat, I’d back Keinan to do a better job at bringing others into the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Others have mentioned it. Back to the 4-3-3. Jack out wide left and Ramsey to shore up the midfield. Don't need 2 ineffective wingers out there. Rather drop to just one. 

I'd say we're paying pretty well tbh. Looking back at the goal, Martial did well to get into that position and was very lucky the ball bounced into his head from Mings. Mings was unlucky that happened, but I don't think he knew Martial was there.

There's still plenty of time and I have no reason to doubt we can still get something here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

We only create something if United give us the ball. We haven’t created a single shot from our own build up play. United have created a lot of chances from theirs.

Our (only?) shot on target (McGinn) came from our own build up. 

We are moving the ball far too slow. We must look to unlock space like United did and either move it quicker or overlap and offer some pretty great passing to unlock defence. 

wan sick bag cannot go forward like thag with Grealish on the left 

• Thanks 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Not having Barkley as an option means we have very little chance of taking anything from this now.

How has Barkley become so important since he stopped playing ? Another month out and he will be in the England squad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What? Which one the bouncing ball which mcginn lost out to pogba or the ball through to WB where our left side disappeared? 

The ball passed within about 2 feet of where he stood.  Had he stood hois ground rather than backing off the ball would have been at his feet.  Something a more experienced cb would have done.

Just now, JB said:

There’s definitely a case for bringing on Davis. Watkins is getting completely outmuscled by Bailly and even though he might not be the same goal threat, I’d back Keinan to do a better job at bringing others into the game. 

Davis for Traore, and push Watkins right?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Man United have *never* lost a PL game at home when they've been leading at half time? Is that true? In nearly 30 years? That's an incredible stat.

Is this well known? It’s mental! Don’t see us being the team to change it either unfortunately.