Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Agree re Traore but rather put Ramsey on and move Grealish to the left and El Ghazi right. 

same. Traore is having a really bad game so would much rather we play Ramsey in the second half.

1 minute ago, bose said:

United much better IMO.

Traore been poor but we really don't have anyone to replace him.

Long balls to Watkins not working and they're closing Grealish down. Need something different in the 2nd half.

We can play Jack and El Ghazi wide.

Ramsey in the middle

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Agree re Traore but rather put Ramsey on and move Grealish to the left and El Ghazi right. 

Either works for me. 

I said Davis as I feel he deserves a final shot and more than 15 minutes to do it. If he fails we buy a new one this window...assuming we have any money. 

We are up against one of the best counter-attacking teams in the league and got caught out once.

Other than that? Emi had one decent save to make.

We've contained them well after a shaky start.

United will kick and kick Grealish and Ollie, we are getting little from the ref.

Traore missed a golden layoff from Ollie by not reacting quick enough.

Luiz and McGinn have looked very tidy in midfield.

Mings made some crucial blocks and tackles before the goals.

Targett was slow to warm up but Cash has been solid.

Emi always Mr Reliable.

• Like 2

We have played well and haven’t done much wrong. I do feel we have played better than them but we should test them a few times from outside the box as we continually just keep working it in there, mix it up a little.

Traore has regressed back to the footballing mess he has been bar 2 games.

Not sticking out wide giving utd acres down our right.

We need to get closer and if traore doesn't improve after 15 minutes, get him off and put Ramsey on, shift Jack to left and elghazi right.

We need power fight and effort in this game tonight and so far traore has lacked skill and all the above.

And mings ?  Come on, stop chewing and start concentrating.

We don't deserve to be behind, but we don't deserve to be ahead either.

Passing was very poor for the first ten minutes, we've then been the better side for a while and made a mistake at the back.

Traore has been poor and their fullbacks are running off our wingers much too easily.

We're still well in this.

• Like 3

the good news is we're still in the game, as much as I hate United they're in excellent form and have good players. They have the chance to be level on points with Liverpool so it can't get more important for them to win.

Hopefully Jack can make some magic happen to open up spaces, got to be clinical though with any half chances we may have

We've had glimpses of really a really great side. We've arguably been the better side for most of that half imo. United have had better chances, largely because we've lacked the final ball.

Goal is one of those things. Mings hasn't done much wrong. They're expecting the ball to be put across the goal when he's actually pulled it back slightly, Mings has had to try to clear it and failed. Happens.

We can get something here. We need to start making the possession and attacks count. Traore's not turned up. AEG isn't quite firing. Watkins is doing the donkey work but struggling to get into dangerous positions.