Match Thread: Man United v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

A stretched diving header that he got something on but by blind bad luck flicked it on to martials head

What are you moaning about? His positioning, his technique, his effort? Or his bad luck? 

Because for me it's the last one and I'm not going to hound him for it, that's not shit or a mistake 

The thing is he over committed and dropped to deep to the six yard box...anything behind him and he is out of position

From there the keeper covers the low cross

Centre halves penalty spot to 6 yards. Centre halves should not be in the 6 yard box before the ball is kicked

Had he done that he is goal side of martial and clears it easily 

Edited by Bazmonkey
Spelling
  • Like 2

We looked on top for a while in the middle of the half and then started making bad passes and getting caught by the counter again.   Need to be smarter with the ball and not go for the killer pass.   Expecting Ollie to beat both Bailly and Maguire to long balls is not smart.

Just now, The_Steve said:

The free kick screwed everyone over and AEG wasn't covering Targett who was left exposed against the pace of Wan-Bissaka.

tbf, we should have had more than enough time to get back and reset, but that **** free kick, jesus. I'd almost rather just pass it back to the keeper than let Traore have another go at one of those

United much better IMO.

Traore been poor but we really don't have anyone to replace him.

Long balls to Watkins not working and they're closing Grealish down. Need something different in the 2nd half.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

We look like the big club trying to play football. Man Utd look like that counter attacking challenging side.

We need to create and be more lethal with this possession though, cause they will keep counter attacking.

And by god, cut out the sloppy passing.

Need Watkins, Traore, AEG to actually  contribute.

And they are wining