Match Thread: Man United v Villa

• VT Supporter

Done alright, we were on top in the middle of the park for most of the half. One bad bit of defending and some pretty shoddy set pieces but otherwise alright. We'll have to go up a gear to get anything here though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

The man he was making got a header in the box... whether he could have done more to stop it is subjective.

Konsa should have been marking him because mings has to attack the ball. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Davis on for Traore...move Watkins to the wing. 

Agree re Traore but rather put Ramsey on and move Grealish to the left and El Ghazi right. 

• Like 3
  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

How is it wrong? Mings is awful and Hause has been solid in his place. 

Not true in my opinion. Mings has had a good game. The goal was his only bad moment, and I don't think it was really a mistake. It was a good finish.

Hause is good with lesser opponents, but not these.

Oh well, it was always gonna be a dodgy pen or a jammy annoying goal that got us. We're cursed against these bastards. Playing alright generally. Ridiculous free kick from Traore when Luiz was completely unmarked for the roll back on the edge of the box. We know he can shoot. No shame in how we're playing though, this was always gonna be a bit of a free hit. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not much. Pepple just need to have a player to blame and the last month Mings have been FotM.

Martial got between the two defenders. Mings's job is to guard the post which he did.

The free kick screwed everyone over and AEG wasn't covering Targett who was left exposed against the pace of Wan-Bissaka.

Unfortunately we’re getting very little quality from any of our front 3 thus far. Traore well off it for the 2nd game in a row, AEG getting bossed by AWB. I’d be very tempted to put Grealish left, AEG on the right. I think Traore could be replaced by JJ who could go central 

• Like 2

Not a bad half, they are playing well and are a team full of millions of pounds worth of talent. We're working really hard and played some nice football for 15 minutes. Hopefully we see a second half like Vs Chelsea.

I don't think we've been great. United look much more threatening. The worrying thing is we aren't really hitting them on the break either, we just pick up the ball and smash it long to Watkins to try and do something and it just isn't working. 

Oh well, I didn't really expect much anyay. It's United. We don't beat United. 

• Like 2
Just now, flashingqwerty said:

He should have made the 8nterception about 15 seconds earlier rather than backing off.  His decision making is brutally poor.

He still thinks hes a lb half the time

What? Which one the bouncing ball which mcginn lost out to pogba or the ball through to WB where our left side disappeared? 

Played okay. Feel we're giving them a bit too much respect when they're in possession and we need to be much tighter with our passing. Definitely don't deserve to be 1-0 down.

Shame that Traore and AEG seem a bit off so far. If they find their feet second half I fancy us to get something out of this.

We look like the big club trying to play football. Man Utd look like that counter attacking challenging side.

We need to create and be more lethal with this possession though, cause they will keep counter attacking.

And by god, cut out the sloppy passing.

Need Watkins, Traore, AEG to actually  contribute.

• VT Supporter
Posted (edited)

we need changes, we've looked fine at times and good on the ball but the passing around the final ball has been shit. Traore has been pretty poor so far. The movement isn't quite there from a few of them. Time for a rest after this game at least. Still very much in it, but a gear or two needed to get something from it

Edited by Rodders

I think we’ve done ok. We’ve improved so much since last season. 

We’re lacking quality tonight from our wide players who have been superb in recent weeks. 

The only thing that worries me is the Traore performance. He really doesn’t look great. 

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. Not his best. Keep interrupting attacks where the ball should be moving quickly past him. But he hasn't been bad either.

Are you sure ? doesn’t seem like it’s just me.

• limpid changed the title to Match Thread: Man United v Villa
  • limpid locked this topic