Post-Brexit Visa Requirements for Transfers

HanoiVillan

I’m not sure we will see much of a difference although sure the impact will be felt more tellingly in the lower divisions - Perhaps an even bigger premium for English players?

Can certainly see more Premier League clubs establishing feeders clubs as a way to strategically fulfil the prerequisite requirements in order to get players permits.

• Like 2

I think the Scottish Premiership is lucky to be that high up the list 😉 Overall I cautiously welcome opening up talent from South America especially, though it will probably end up benefiting the big clubs like everything else.  I assume they have no limits on how many foreign players you can have or a British quota?

Yeah, I definitely think that there will be an influx of South Americans. 

as @TrentVilla mentioned in another thread and @penguinbelow, I think that we will see a lot of English club owners purchasing clubs in Europe to try and get around some of the youth player signings changes plus the general permit structure. 

2 hours ago, penguin said:

Can certainly see more Premier League clubs establishing feeders clubs as a way to strategically fulfil the prerequisite requirements in order to get players permits.

I think it'll strange to see the bigger English clubs link up with small teams in bigger leagues across Europe - with absolutely no interest in those clubs other than their academies. 

A smaller Belgium team that's not likely to be relegated for example would be ideal - you offer them a couple of million to completely revamp their academy, send over a couple of your own coaches and recruit kids from across Europe. Then you cream off the very best of that talent the moment they hit eighteen. The Belgium club gets a big academy investment but loses any stars that come through and the English club gets somewhere to buy players and sit them when they're under eighteen.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it'll strange to see the bigger English clubs link up with small teams in bigger leagues across Europe - with absolutely no interest in those clubs other than their academies. 

A smaller Belgium team that's not likely to be relegated for example would be ideal - you offer them a couple of million to completely revamp their academy, send over a couple of your own coaches and recruit kids from across Europe. Then you cream off the very best of that talent the moment they hit eighteen. The Belgium club gets a big academy investment but loses any stars that come through and the English club gets somewhere to buy players and sit them when they're under eighteen.

Yes. This is so clearly the logical way forward that a Premier League club is almost being negligent if it is *not* immediately trying to buy a Belgian or Portuguese team in the next few months.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes. This is so clearly the logical way forward that a Premier League club is almost being negligent if it is *not* immediately trying to buy a Belgian or Portuguese team in the next few months.

Probably why Sawiris was trying to invest in that Portuguese club a few months back

• Like 2

Belgian club for European talents, Portuguese club for South American talents, it makes a lot of sense 

RB Salzburg to RB Leipzig is the obvious one in Europe at the moment and the best player has transferred over today for a relative bargain, Salzburg have another 3 or 4 players that could move in the next couple of years, Salzburg were in the CL and winning their league too so it's not like they don't get the benefits as well

Already posted elsewhere, but worth noting here too - the first complaints are in:

Sam Allardyce: I’ve already lost three possible West Brom transfers to Brexit

'West Brom manager Sam Allardyce says he has already missed out on three new signings due to the impact of Brexit.

[...]

New rules that came into force from January 1 mean Premier League clubs will not be allowed to sign players from European Union countries without a work permit while foreign players under the age of 18 cannot be signed at all.

Allardyce, whose side are second from bottom with eight points from 17 games, said deals for three potential recruits had already fallen through as a result of the new rules.

"I have found three players already who were capable of coming here and they're not allowed. It's a shame," Allardyce said.

The criteria to sign players is based on a points system which considers the number of senior and youth international appearances, club appearances as well as the quality of the selling club, its league position and the league itself.

"Due to the new regulations in terms of the permit they were unable to come to this country, whereas (previously) they would have done. I have to look at that and think 'can he qualify?'" Allardyce added.

"That has made life a bit more difficult. It's not so much the pandemic, it's the change of rules because of Brexit. We'll do what we can... finding a player in this pandemic is going to be the hardest window I have ever worked in.'

more on link: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sam-allardyce-brexit-west-brom-transfer-news-b672379.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1609752118

Interesting to wonder whether this is actually true, or if these rules are going to become a new go-to excuse for clubs that don't want to spend.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Already posted elsewhere, but worth noting here too - the first complaints are in:

Sam Allardyce: I’ve already lost three possible West Brom transfers to Brexit

'West Brom manager Sam Allardyce says he has already missed out on three new signings due to the impact of Brexit.

[...]

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke. 

0E44FEC6-AA0A-4042-B363-B6394FEF20A4.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Sam Allardyce: I’ve already lost three possible West Brom transfers due to West Brom being Shit

I fixed it for him

* edit * actually that's not fair. It is far far more than 3

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 2

Man City have a Peruvian kid coming in May straight off to Lommel in the Belgian 2nd division, City group own them too 

They currently have 4 City players on loan, 3 of them non EU, and 1 from Montevideo City, another one of the city groups clubs 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Forgive my ignorance @HanoiVillan - why was it more difficult to sign South & Latin American players before Brexit ?

The prior system weighted international caps, but not the strength of the league. As a result, non-EU regular internationals were not particularly difficult to sign. Now, however, it will be easy to sign a player who has never and would never turn out for Brazil, as long as they are a fairly regular player in a team in Brazil's top tier, because the strength of the league alone gives more than half of the points required, and regular appearances would add the rest. It's these average players who will be easier to sign, rather than the superstars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â