Holiday Plans 2021 (LOL)

Xela

Going to Colyton in Devon hopefully in August. Hoping to go to the Kingdom of Fife in October. Wanted to go to Alcudia in Mallorca but think thatll be pushed to 2022

A mate of mine returned to the states from and unnamed Caribbean destination. 

needing a negative Covid test to get into America. They were ushered into a room where the doctor popped his head around the door and said “negative test. Good job. Safe travels” and they picked up paperwork without the test and went home!

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

The wife and kids are currently in Devon in a caravan park. It's not much fun apparently. It's too cold to eat outside and there's not a lot open so it's just takeaways in the caravan. Plus they have no data signal there :D I'm dogsitting with our recent addition.

We've got Bainland booked in the summer. Proper expensive lodge with hot tubs and everything. Massively looking forward to that.

On 14/04/2021 at 06:12, mikeyp102 said:

Got Edinburgh for a few days in June, got a ticket to watch British Irish Luins vs Japan at Murrayfield. Hopefully we are allowed in. 
Then a week in Boscastle in September 

A week in Boscastle ? I presume you're using that as a base and moving around  ? From what i remember of Boscastle, it can be done in half a day if not less.

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

A week in Boscastle ? I presume you're using that as a base and moving around  ? From what i remember of Boscastle, it can be done in half a day if not less.

Yes indeed will move around. It was just a nice location and decent priced apartment 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

talking of edinburgh, we're there for a few days in october but looking for somewhere else to go to for a day trip. somewhere we can hop on a train to like dundee, dunfirmline or falkirk. anyone been to any of those and can recommend them? or anywhere else close? (not glasgow)

Falkirk has the wheel which is interesting but honest it looked like one big council estate 

Stirling Castle 

If you had a car I'd say take the day and head for the southern bit of the cairngorns, pitlochry and around there but train won't be worth it

• 4 weeks later...

I've managed to get out to Bolivia in the hope of then getting into Chile but now it looks like Chile won't reopen its border for another 3 months! :s And it was stressful and expensive getting out here with the PCR test and covid travel insurance. Tricky times. And Bolivia are pants at football, they've lost both their opening games in the Copa America. 😕 But it's an adventure to be out here.

Fed up of booking and cancelling. Was lucky enough to get Gran Canaria end of October and beginning of November, when they opened the non quarantine for a couple of weeks. Have been there 8 times (guaranteed sun when ever) TBH not a great time the area was dead and the few places that were open had not seen customers for such a long time they were charging a fortune. No sunbeds on the beech, no atmosphere.   Booked for April then moved it to Majorca in September now just moved that to Puerto Rico next April.   Keeping September days off work just in case something comes on the green like Greece, Malta, Canaries etc . 

Problem I have is if the country goes from green to amber while we are away. Work have told us that any one who goes on holiday and has to quarantine for 10 days on return will be treated as non authorised absence and corrective action that may result in dismissal.  Any one else been told this by their firm

• Shocked 1

• 4 weeks later...

Me and Mrs. T have booked up and off to Falaraki Rhodes this Sunday for 9 nights. Been double vacced so no isolation on return. Any one been there ?

Paper work is a nightmare for a technophobe like me and my lap top fried half way through. Engineer said hinge had broken and hard drive was fried. Had to buy another, thought I had lost everything fortunately it seems I have my own cloud that was passing by, so got everything back after I learnt how to get the @ and £ sign working.

Been moaning about the heat all week and now off to 30 to 40 degrees. But I wont be working in it 

Off to Sozopol for 8 days on Tuesday. I've had a bollock of a year so I'm really looking forward to eating an absolute shed load of food, and splashing with my 1 and 3 year old in the pool/sea. Solid 30 degrees forecast for the entire time I'm there. 

Also, new Villa top arrives tomorrow, just in time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Flying home tonight from Rhodes, heat has been mental 45C yesterday,

I will never come again in the main weeks. At times we have had to hide in aircon rooms.

Would have done so much more if the heat was less. Back to April and September holls for me 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

anyone done a pre-flight PCR  and Day 2 return test yet ?

how much did you pay  / How quick was it ? 

Through Chronomics (TUI partner), it was/is £60 for pre-flight PCR and Day 2, but you have to have booked through TUI.  As a seasoned traveller you will probably know this, but just make sure you check the time period of when you should do the PCR test, some are 72 hours before departure and some 72 hours before arrival.  Family of 4 were refused boarding on our flight to Kos from Manchester as they had taken their tests to early.

Results come through within 24 hours after dropping off at either a Royal Mail priority box or back to a pharmacy.

Edited by Sid4ever
Added time
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/08/2021 at 04:35, Robtaylor200 said:

Flying home tonight from Rhodes, heat has been mental 45C yesterday,

I will never come again in the main weeks. At times we have had to hide in aircon rooms.

Would have done so much more if the heat was less. Back to April and September holls for me 

Wow that's hot. I went in October about 5 years and it was lovely.

In the future August is just going to be uncomfortably hot for a lot of traditional summer resorts. Maybe the school hols will be adjusted to break up in September or something.

Not planning to go abroad this year, surely 2022 is going to be  a lot more normal. I  hope.

On 11/08/2021 at 14:35, tonyh29 said:

anyone done a pre-flight PCR  and Day 2 return test yet ?

how much did you pay  / How quick was it ? 

I did the pre return test at the local chemist loads of places offering it, some will even come to your hotel. It was less than 5 minutes each. 20 euro each with printed certificate. paid £78 for two 2 day return tests (have to prove you have ordered them and show paper work before flying out) 

• Thanks 1

Â