Holiday Plans 2021 (LOL)

Xela

Rhodes in June (direct booking with the hotel so they rebooked us the same week from last year’s cancelled stay). I think the chances of going are 50-50.

Akumal Bay (Mexico) in November. Booked it last week as the flights/hotel price was decent and I’m hoping the vaccination programme will enable international travel, possibly with a vaccination certificate. Wife and I are in group 9 (age 50-54) so at the current success rate we should have had our second jabs before the autumn. 80-20 chance of this holiday going ahead??

Am I about right?

Not planning anything. Planned 4 times last year for a break and had to cancel all of them. Barely managed a long weekend break in the UK in the autumn as well. I  just don't want the hassle I think I will wait. I will be surprised if we can have a traditional summer holiday season, maybe September/October.

3 days at de efteling is booked, 8 adults 5 kids Inc 2 babies in a big house... Should be interesting... Over £2k for the 3 days Inc park tickets which is mental but it's my mom's bday present from us all as she used to go there as a kid, then everyone to mine in Bonn for a few days 

Also booked a weekend in Munich for a birthday party in July, driving over there and then taking the detour to Neuschwanstein Castle which should be good

Colombia and Brazil were both cancelled last year - I was able to do a roadtrip in Andalucia and some Greek Island hopping though, so no moaning from me. 

This year, if Covid allows, its Colombia, Panama, Nicaragua and El Salvador for six weeks. I have absolutely no doubts Covid won't allow it however. If not, I'm thinking about renting a flat in Jerez for a couple of months, working from there and doing some travelling around when not working. 

Here's hoping!

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/02/2021 at 16:33, Zatman said:

I have no confidence to book anything especially with a number of countries suggesting only entry if you have got the vaccine 

Same. No holiday for me in 2021 it looks like.

Im still not sure how they intend to regulate a covid passport if the jab becomes a yearly jab like the flu. Thats going to be a absolute nightmare for everyone and a lot of work.

I still really want to get out to Chile in June or July but they don't seem too impressed by our variants, and for other nationalities they're asking for a negative test result certificate within 72 hours prior to departure (I wonder if we Brits could be assured of getting such a thing) plus a Covid travel insurance document (I dread to think how much that's gonna cost me).

Finally got my Aer Lingus credit voucher for flights booked to JFK for end of May 2021 - valid for 5 years, obviously i would have to pay the extra as i expect fares to go up for 2022. 

I was thinking about going to Manhattan in late sept this year but I get the feeling it still won't be the new york i remember from last time, unless @TheAuthority can advise otherwise ? (I do know you've moved out but is Cuomo still imposing big restrictions ?)

TIA

15 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Finally got my Aer Lingus credit voucher for flights booked to JFK for end of May 2021 - valid for 5 years, obviously i would have to pay the extra as i expect fares to go up for 2022. 

I was thinking about going to Manhattan in late sept this year but I get the feeling it still won't be the new york i remember from last time, unless @TheAuthority can advise otherwise ? (I do know you've moved out but is Cuomo still imposing big restrictions ?)

TIA

Hiya mate.

Cuomo has just announced that from April 2nd live performances can happen with up to 100 people (inside) and 200 people outside.

Thats not going to be enough revenue for the bigger venues on Broadway to open but there may be some interesting stuff happening. May gives the possibility of nice outdoor weather. I think it just depends on what kind of New York you want to see. If you want old New York, brimming with tourists and all shows open then you're probably best waiting for a year.

However it is probably cheaper than ever right now for hotel rooms and it might even be more interesting to see it in its "waking up" period after the pandemic. Certainly a lot of smaller restaurants/eateries have folded but it maybe a good time to get a table at other famous mid-range places that are normally booked up months ahead. (I'm thinking about places like Momfuku in the East Village)

• Thanks 1

@TheAuthority - thanks mate, great help as ever !

I finally got my airline voucher which is valid for 5 years. I will probably go either may or sept 2022. Like you said, give it a year. I did have tickets booked for new world stage theatre (originally for September 2020 - the agent said he would honour them for when i rebook flights)  but will cancel them on reflection and start again.

End of may....weather decent ? I presume September would be quite warm. 

Thanks again man. Hope you and your family are safe. UTV.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

@TheAuthority - thanks mate, great help as ever !

I finally got my airline voucher which is valid for 5 years. I will probably go either may or sept 2022. Like you said, give it a year. I did have tickets booked for new world stage theatre (originally for September 2020 - the agent said he would honour them for when i rebook flights)  but will cancel them on reflection and start again.

End of may....weather decent ? I presume September would be quite warm. 

Thanks again man. Hope you and your family are safe. UTV.

Yup end of May is very decent. September can be brutally hot especially if you're on and off subway platforms.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Xela said:

I just want to get a few days by the seaside! 

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Oh I do like to be beside the sea

Oh I do like to walk along the Prom, Prom, Prom

where the brass bands play

Fu.. ... West Brom and Birmingham

• Like 1

Â