Holiday Plans 2021 (LOL)

Xela

Ok, this isn't a sick joke! :ph34r:

Obviously, virus permitting, do we have any plans?

Current plans... weekend in London for the Euros... got tickets to England vs Scotland. Sadly, can't see any fans being there. 

Me and lads have talked about a trip when things get back to normal.. not sure where, but maybe Japan will finally be done. 

Also another mate and I had planned to possibly do an NFL game this season... either Cleveland (my team) or Baltimore (his team). Those plans were scuppered, but maybe in 2021? 

• Like 1

I would love to plan a break with the family but feel it’s still too soon.

was supposed to go to Italy last year for the rugby and also Florida with the kids.

certainly not entertaining the idea of Florida this summer but will look at 2022 for sure.

Wouldnt mind camping around Scotland as a local option but if travel is available, I’d consider the same in Portugal/Northern Spain. 

Didn't set foot in a plane the whole of 2020  ..crazy times

My 2020 plans have basically just rolled forward a year , so my 50th Birthday European Pub crawl now becomes my 51st birthday European pub crawl

Iceland my last country in Europe to visit will now be in 2021 instead of 2020

I wanted to visit Pakistan this year , might go there in 2021 , really depends on how things pan out with work and the whole virus thing of course

I'm still banned from the USA due to various axis of evil passport stamps I've accrued  , hopefully with Trump departing sanity might return to the country and I can do a family trip to the States in 2021

one way or the other I have every intention of making the most of 2021  !!

Edited by tonyh29

24 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought you were a flippers fan ?

They were my team as a kid and I tried to like them as an adult, but I couldn't gel with the team. I just couldn't find a way to care about them that much.

I was sort of keen on the Browns back in Lerner's day due to the Villa links and that connection has stayed, and got stronger. Definitely Browns now. My first full season of supporting them was 0-16! 

The sad thing is, this year the flippers might scrape the playoffs instead of the Browns! 

Edited by Xela

Hopefully England at the end of Jan / start of Feb but I'm not holding my breath

Wife's birthday in Feb a weekend in dresden cos there's something in the countryside there that she wants to go to and then either Berlin or Prague depending on the rules

Somewhere big for April, wanted to do Mexico all inclusive in 2020 which fell through and I'm not convinced big AI resorts will be any good when they're quiet in 2021, can see the food and services being reduced if they hotel is only half full, so now looking at Canada East or west or maybe San fran hawaii and Los Angeles, the big holiday feels like a proper pipe dream at the moment though, nothing but frustration 

Then in the summer my family should be off to de efteling for my mom's 60th, sounds a great idea on paper but she wants 1 big house for 8 adults and 5 kids 😬

We were lucky to get Gran Canaria for a week beginning of November, before we locked down again

Got 10 days booked in Playa de Ingles in April, expect this to be washed out 

Looking at sight seeing in August, maybe Budapest or Venice 

Edited by Robtaylor200

Had to postpone my 2020 UK wedding (and more importantly - my stag do ;)) but luckily managed one week in Portugal in September or I would be going insane right now.

Stag do is currently penciled in for the weekend of May 21st in Benidorm - Highly doubt that will take place :(.

Wedding middle of July - and hoping to book a fortnight in Santorini (with a few nights in Mykonos) straight after but again, not convinced this will happen so nothing booked yet.

Depressing times - but hopefully things start to improve sooner rather than later for everyone :) 🙏

On 01/01/2021 at 16:29, NoelVilla said:

Hard to plan. I've never been to Venice and it's on the list. Am I right to think it would be smart to go there as soon as Italy opens up and it hasn't become a tourist trap again?

Anecdotal evidence is that it primarily exists for Tourists nowadays ?

was due to go to munich for the christmas markets before xmas but obviously cancelled it. hopefully doing that again this December but doing a few cities as well; nurnberg, salzburg, maybe vienna too. i'll be surprised if that even goes ahead though

karnival is cancelled in feb but they havent said much beyond that, keep an eye on the music festivals and then the jahremarkts / fairs over the summer and you'll get an indication for oktoberfest and then the xmas markets, pretty much everywhere has them, bonn's is called putzchens markt and its 5 days in september with around 1.5m people attending, if things like that go ahead then xmas should be ok

nurnberg is my favourite german city that ive been to, munich is great, salzburg is sleepy in comparison and bar some hill walking theres not much more than a days worth of stuff there IMO

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

was due to go to munich for the christmas markets before xmas but obviously cancelled it. hopefully doing that again this December but doing a few cities as well; nurnberg, salzburg, maybe vienna too. i'll be surprised if that even goes ahead though

Beer festival in Munich is "on" as things currently stand , so I think they are working on the basis this events will happen in 2021

I still think summer 21 will be more or less 'back to normal' so I'm thinking it's a good idea to get booking a holiday now before the rush starts when things start recovering in a few weeks.

I have a trip to Turkey planned in June with a few old University mates (Istanbul followed by some fun on the coast).  We were meant to be going to Malta last August for a big celebration (we all turned 40) which was cancelled so I don't have any high hopes for Turkey just yet.  At this rate, I'd take a soggy tent in a field somewhere :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now only plan is to go to Disney World in a few months.

A friend from college recently moved to Seville and would love to go see him at some point this year,have read great place for tourists.

On 03/01/2021 at 17:24, rjw63 said:

Got another Barbados trip booked in August, although I'd be surprised if it isn't cancelled.

Ha, trip is cancelled, spending money on house move instead

• Like 1

Â