Unable to access off topic

Hornso

Question

I keep being unable to load the Off Topic board within the Off Topic section of the site. Haven't been able to access it for nearly 2 weeks. I've been able to access the most recently replied thread by clicking on the title on the side of the board, but otherwise cannot load the page so I cannot read any other threads. Not loading on my computer nor my phone. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, limpid said:

If the site had a problem, no-one would be able to access OT.

If your account had a problem, it wouldn't work on the laptop.

I'm afraid that it can only be a problem with your phone. Have you tried installing another browser?

The problem is with the laptop not the phone. I've tried on other browsers than Chrome/ium - Firefox and Opera - but all have the same problem with that one specific page https://www.villatalk.com/forum/17-off-topic/ when logged in only. Tried the above fix but it didn't work for me.

I'm not complaining, just stating that the problem still exists.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The problem is with the laptop not the phone. I've tried on other browsers than Chrome/ium - Firefox and Opera - but all have the same problem with that one specific page https://www.villatalk.com/forum/17-off-topic/ when logged in only. Tried the above fix but it didn't work for me.

I'm not complaining, just stating that the problem still exists.

It's certainly a weird one. Could it be something in the AV software?

I still can’t get access to OT. I have recently changed my phone to iPhone so using safari, and it’s the same problem as I had with my android handset running brave. Like @fightoffyour I have no problem at all if I log out and view the site as a quest. 

The site forums also seem to load much faster when I’m I log out so presumed it was something to do with my VT account 

On 19/04/2021 at 22:33, av1 said:

I still can’t get access to OT. I have recently changed my phone to iPhone so using safari, and it’s the same problem as I had with my android handset running brave. Like @fightoffyour I have no problem at all if I log out and view the site as a quest. 

The site forums also seem to load much faster when I’m I log out so presumed it was something to do with my VT account 

I think that I just managed to reproduce this. Can you tell me if it is still happening for you? You might need to clear cookies and cache.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I think that I just managed to reproduce this. Can you tell me if it is still happening for you? You might need to clear cookies and cache.

Hi Limpid. Just tried every OT forum. Including travel, tech room etc and every one opened up straight away 

Thank you 

On 19/04/2021 at 22:33, av1 said:

Maybe it’s coincidental, but just flicking through the site now and everything is loading really rapid as well 👍

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Hi Limpid. Just tried every OT forum. Including travel, tech room etc and every one opened up straight away 

Thank you 

Believe it or not, I think this was because you had selected "expanded view" and something in OT was causing this to break. I've disabled that option for all users.