Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

My issue with Mings vs Hause isn't just that Mings has walked straight back in to the team despite how well Hause played (which would be quite harsh in itself) but that actually Mings is one of the few (only?) players having a worse season than he had las year. Forget anything like team morale, this actually makes us weaker. 

I’d still take him over Hause, just for the better distribution. Against Chelsea when he was playing Mings’ position on the left, his balls forward were picked off too easy.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It's not.

It's to do with a guy who wastes his time on a villa website pretending to be a fan.

Thought you meant me then for a sec😁

Its a fair cop

Just now, hippo said:

Bottom line :- who is the better player ? Hause or Ming's ?

Of course Mings.

You don’t start your third choice defender against United who are second. Unless your third choice is a world class player. Hause is a good cover player. But no way should he start this game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why are people trying to come up with Barkley conspiracy theories?!? 

Most likely isn’t fit enough, squads been playing well, so no need to rush him back in and risk further injury. 

He just tweeted a couple days ago that he's very close... he must've had a set back.

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Why are people trying to come up with Barkley conspiracy theories?!? 

Most likely isn’t fit enough, squads been playing well, so no need to rush him back in and risk further injury. 

After the last few years of imaginary enemies and endless conspiracy theories, I've come to the realisation that a surprising number of people are massive drama queens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Sorry but this Barkley thing is bloody daft. 

2-3 weeks ago he was "close" to playing, according to the manager. There's no way he's not capable of at least providing an option off the bench, unless there's been a massive setback.

The club could do much better on communication around injuries. An old problem never rectified. 

Remember Jack being labelled close to a return for about 2 months before he actually kicked a ball again? This is a loan, and an expensive one, so we can't really afford a similar situation with Ross, particularly with such a brutal run of games ahead, and zero decent options coming off the bench.

And wtf is the deal with Trezeguet???

Really?? See my earlier post re care needed with hamstring injuries. You also state that as an expensive loan we can’t afford for RB to be our for months.....we’ll, rush him back too soon and you risk getting a severe tear or rupture and he could be out for the season. Trez has a similar injury so again relax and enjoy Bert in the meantime  

Re comms around injuries.....why should we detail everything so that the opposition can plan accordingly. IMO good tactic from DS by not letting teams know if or when one of our best players (RB) will be selected. 

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He just tweeted a couple days ago that he's very close... he must've had a set back.

Hamstrings are like that so wouldn't be surprising. 

• Like 1

If they play to their potential man for man their eleven has more quality. We will do very well to get a point tonight, but we've seen if we play to our best we can make chances against anyone so it's not out of the question to get a win but we'll have to be on fire.