Man United v Aston Villa : Pre-Match Thread

darrenm

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I love Ross, but really start to wonder if it's better to just let him go back after the loan has ended. We can't afford to carry him.

Lol you what m8?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mctominay, pogba and Fred

Watch them have a blinder now but seriously you wouldn't take that over our midfield 

I feel like McTominay had his blinder already against Leeds. Hopefully he doesn’t produce that kind of performance again today. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Harsh on Hause that.

Sends out the wrong message imo. No matter how well you play there are "certain" players that are undroppable.

To be fair, mings is more rested, means we can play hause in cup and rest up konsa  - don’t see it as being the wrong message, we don’t have many options to give players a rest

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Harsh on Hause that.

Sends out the wrong message imo. No matter how well you play there are "certain" players that are undroppable.

I think it depends on the opposition though, and today we have to face Man Utd. Like you said about Traore, he is useful for some types of opposition and not others, so the same for Hause I think.

My issue with Mings vs Hause isn't just that Mings has walked straight back in to the team despite how well Hause played (which would be quite harsh in itself) but that actually Mings is one of the few (only?) players having a worse season than he had las year. Forget anything like team morale, this actually makes us weaker. 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I just love him as a player and think he strengthens us a lot, especially with so many games recently, hamstrings are nasty but you have to hope he’s fit soon.

Totally. I can’t wait for him to be back, I thought the Chelsea game might buy us a bit of  time but obviously not enough. Hamstring injuries can be very bad though and take time :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Harsh on Hause that.

No sh*t. If Jack gets a suspension or injured the squad player is going back to the bench when he returns. 

Losing your place to poor play is different but that's not what happened with Mings. 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it depends on the opposition though, and today we have to face Man Utd. Like you said about Traore, he is useful for some types of opposition and not others, so the same for Hause I think.

They were bringing Mings back in the minute his suspension was up. Had absolutely nothing to do about the opposition. Mings played shit against United at Villa park after the restart so....

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Mings will be better for this game, United don’t have big strikers.

And i don't trust Mings to tie his shoelaces.

He is a ticking bomb. As much as i don't rate Hause i get panic attacks left, right and center everytime Mings is on the ball

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

its more to do with playing your best players to handle a situation

It's not.

It's to do with a guy who wastes his time on a villa website pretending to be a fan.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Harsh on Hause that.

Bottom line :- who is the better player ? Hause or Ming's ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

If Barkley isn’t at least on the bench you wonder what the feck is going on.

Not really. We know he’s got a hamstring injury and makes sense to be cautious with it - only 6 weeks since it happened. Prob more of a slight tear than a strain but he’s training so won’t be too long. Rushing this type of injury back too soon could result in reoccurrence with greater severity and then 3-4 months out. Being a bit vague about return date is good tactics by DS - keep the opposition guessing 👍

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

They were bringing Mings back in the minute his suspension was up. Had absolutely nothing to do about the opposition. Mings played shit against United at Villa park after the restart so....

Fair enough. I don’t agree though :) 

Sorry but this Barkley thing is bloody daft. 

2-3 weeks ago he was "close" to playing, according to the manager. There's no way he's not capable of at least providing an option off the bench, unless there's been a massive setback.

The club could do much better on communication around injuries. An old problem never rectified. 

Remember Jack being labelled close to a return for about 2 months before he actually kicked a ball again? This is a loan, and an expensive one, so we can't really afford a similar situation with Ross, particularly with such a brutal run of games ahead, and zero decent options coming off the bench.

And wtf is the deal with Trezeguet???

Edited by est1874