VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Tom Stevens of The Long Ryders has died. 

We put them on once around the time of Looking for Lewis and Clarke (October 16th 1985), which coincidentally is the only record of theirs I own (double 7" version). Not really my thing, I prefered Green on Red, Dream Syndicate and a few others from that "Paisley Underground" Scene  but they seemed like a nice bunch of guys.and it's now starting to happen that people from bands in the era I musically grew up in are starting to pop off this mortal coil which makes me a little sad in itself

1 minute ago, bickster said:

We put them on once around the time of Looking for Lewis and Clarke (October 16th 1985), which coincidentally is the only record of theirs I own (double 7" version). Not really my thing, I prefered Green on Red, Dream Syndicate and a few others from that "Paisley Underground" Scene  but they seemed like a nice bunch of guys.and it's now starting to happen that people from bands in the era I musically grew up in are starting to pop off this mortal coil which makes me a little sad in itself

Amid my notorious antipathy to 80s music, the Paisley Underground bands were a glimmer of light. Still not a patch on their 65-75 influences, but bless them, they tried. 

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I really liked a hell of a lot of american alternative bands during the 80s but I couldn’t get on with those bands, I have a Green on Red album but thats an idiot tax record as I meant to buy Green Thoughts by The Smithereens, but got into my head it was Green on Red. I need to listen to it again. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Amid my notorious antipathy to 80s music, the Paisley Underground bands were a glimmer of light. Still not a patch on their 65-75 influences, but bless them, they tried

You should give the reformed Dream Syndicate another go, I really like the last two albums

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I really liked a hell of a lot of american alternative bands during the 80s but I couldn’t get on with those bands, I have a Green on Red album but thats an idiot tax record as I meant to buy Green Thoughts by The Smithereens, but got into my head it was Green on Red. I need to listen to it again. 

I'd have thought they were up your street tbh, very country influenced

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

You should give the reformed Dream Syndicate another go, I really like the last two albums

I'll check them out. I used to have the 'Medicine Show' LP, but I think it went in The Great Vinyl Cull. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Dustin Diamond AKA Screech from Saved By The Bell, dead at 44, cancer

Who was it that croaked last year that reminds me of him?

Someone from a US teen comedy that looks like this chap, maybe.

Mind has gone blank.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Who was it that croaked last year that reminds me of him?

Someone from a US teen comedy that looks like this chap, maybe.

Mind has gone blank.

There's a whole topic you can search, f***ed if I know

• Haha 1