VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

One of my favourite bands growing up The Senseless Things. Mark Keds was the singer in them, he was a bundle of joy and energy. 
I had the pleasure of seeing them in shoe box venues and Glastonbury main stage and they took my breath away every time. They were one of a handful of bands that put music to my late teens and early twenties. From their debut album to the last and all the singles in between. For me they were and will always be flawless. They never got shit. 
Keds sadly had huge drug issues and prior to The Senseless Things brief reformation he was known for his association with Pete Doherty. I don’t know how he died. 
Rarely does a stranger get me when they die but when you are sat in your bedroom listening to someone whilst all your mates are listening to Bryan Adams their death is going to impact you. Mark Keds was one of of those someones. 

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Tim Bogert of Vanilla Fudge and Beck/Bogert/Appice gone at 76.

I saw BBA live, they were bloody fantastic. The only 100% genuine 3rd encore I've ever seen - house lights on, taped music on, promoter telling us to go home. Beck pushed him out of the way, and they played an incendiary ten minute 'Blues Deluxe'. Easily in my top five gigs ever. TheIr sole studio album was a bit 'meh', oddly enough. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I saw BBA live, they were bloody fantastic. The only 100% genuine 3rd encore I've ever seen - house lights on, taped music on, promoter telling us to go home. Beck pushed him out of the way, and they played an incendiary ten minute 'Blues Deluxe'. Easily in my top five gigs ever. TheIr sole studio album was a bit 'meh', oddly enough. 

yeah, I've got it.

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

17 times with 15 different runout etchings and two different special edition shades of brown coloured vinyl no doubt

Haha, just one plain old original pressing!

Another one from my era gone. First came across Carmine Appice when he was in Vanilla Fudge - ace drummer I thought. Probably in the minority, but thought Jeff Beck was better than Clapton - even though a huge Cream fan at the time - saw' em live about 4 times. Check out Jeff Beck playing  'A day in the Life' live - Ronnie Scotts I think - then compare and contrast with .... " Wonderful Tonight" (dirge)and " Lay Down Sally"(trite).

30 minutes ago, veloman said:

Another one from my era gone. First came across Carmine Appice when he was in Vanilla Fudge - ace drummer I thought. Probably in the minority, but thought Jeff Beck was better than Clapton - even though a huge Cream fan at the time - saw' em live about 4 times. Check out Jeff Beck playing  'A day in the Life' live - Ronnie Scotts I think - then compare and contrast with .... " Wonderful Tonight" (dirge)and " Lay Down Sally"(trite).

Well, I tend to agree. But you are being rather selective in your examples. You may as well compare "Steppin' Out" or "Crossroads" with "Love is Blue" or "Hi Ho Silver Lining"! 

FWIW, I think Beck is an astonishing guitarist, but I don't much like his current choice of material any more than Clapton's. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, I tend to agree. But you are being rather selective in your examples. You may as well compare "Steppin' Out" or "Crossroads" with "Love is Blue" or "Hi Ho Silver Lining"! 

FWIW, I think Beck is an astonishing guitarist, but I don't much like his current choice of material any more than Clapton's. 

Jeff Beck also has not being a word removed in his favour too

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You may be right;   "Steppin Out" off that iconic John Mayall LP, the band I played in at the time (Titus Oates - never famous !) used to play that together with "Hideaway" from the same LP. We also played another Beck number which was called Tallyman - virtually unknown but always seemed to go down well. Our guitarist practised that stuff for hours ! (Gibson 330 I think he had).

• Like 1