VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

Coming thick and fast. In my youth I owned a garden gnome that was called the everley brothers. My girlfriend, now wife said why is there only 1. I said they split up. 

Anyway. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, veloman said:

One of the best examples of 'proper' harmony, not just singing in unison like , say Take That. I remember seeing their parents singing on TV; they were brilliant too.

spacer.png

Backstage at the Hollywood Bowl so I believe.

The Beach Boys were not on the bill so were there to watch (well Dennis and Brian were). 1967.

Ah ! The Beach Boys ! Another great example. You might notice that a common factor is being brothers; the Bee Gees being another. I played for a short while in a band of 3 brothers & me - they weren't great guitarists (but then I wasn't a great drummer !!) however their harmonies were ace. Funny isn't it. As a footnote, they argued with each other quite a lot  and I was piggy in the middle :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, veloman said:

Ah ! The Beach Boys ! Another great example. You might notice that a common factor is being brothers; the Bee Gees being another. I played for a short while in a band of 3 brothers & me - they weren't great guitarists (but then I wasn't a great drummer !!) however their harmonies were ace. Funny isn't it. As a footnote, they argued with each other quite a lot  and I was piggy in the middle :)

Brothers in bands always seem to fight - Everleys, Kinks, Oasis, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Brothers in bands always seem to fight - Everleys, Kinks, Oasis, etc. 

The Wilsons very rarely fought each other. They did fight their father (Dennis did physically) and everyone fought Mike Love :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Brian Travers, Villa fan and UB40-ist, gone at 62

Ah f***. Genuinely nice bloke. He was involved in some community project at Base Studios in Stourbridhe iirc He was one of those that gave quite a bit back in time to the community after they made their money

I had a bottle of Carling Black Label on my shelf in my bedroom in Brum for years that he gave me at a gig in Walsall Town Hall before the first album came out.