VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

??? Lost

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Andy Fordham (the Viking) ex BDO darts world champion dead at 59.

On 30/12/2020 at 09:39, Phil Silvers said:

Tom Ross

Carroll Baker

John Boyega

Andy Fordham

Kevin Friend

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Dawn Foster has died today, a brilliant journalist and someone who always came across as an extremely decent person. Only 33.

Just read it. Shocked. I know she has had long term health issues but still shocked. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

He was a big unit. Didn't he lose a load of weight at one point? RIP

He was on one of those celebrity weight loss shows a few years ago. He was by far the biggest guy on it. He said he’d drink 40 bottles of beer a day.

They we’re doing the week one weigh ins and the other we’re putting in big weight losses, they were building up Andy. He gets on the scales and…. not an ounce. They were all completely dumbfounded how he didn’t lose any weight. He was obviously cheating somehow, can’t remember if he admitted it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He was on one of those celebrity weight loss shows a few years ago. He was by far the biggest guy on it. He said he’d drink 40 bottles of beer a day.

They we’re doing the week one weigh ins and the other we’re putting in big weight losses, they were building up Andy. He gets on the scales and…. not an ounce. They were all completely dumbfounded how he didn’t lose any weight. He was obviously cheating somehow, can’t remember if he admitted it.

What? And he's dead? Colour me surprised. 

He did lose loads of weight and tried to make a darts comeback but he couldn't throw properly without his (full size) belly. Don't know if he put it back on after that but he was still big and the damage has already been done anyway it seems.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Dawn Foster has died today, a brilliant journalist and someone who always came across as an extremely decent person. Only 33.

I am devastated to hear about this. Dawn was a journalist worth reading - which is frankly not many of them - and while she was critical of the government she did the work beforehand; she wrote loads of stuff on social housing and domestic abuse and so on that was really well researched in policy terms.

Also not going to forget that the Guardian sacked her for writing a column that was critical of Tom Watson, an absurdly petty thing to do.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I am devastated to hear about this. Dawn was a journalist worth reading - which is frankly not many of them - and while she was critical of the government she did the work beforehand; she wrote loads of stuff on social housing and domestic abuse and so on that was really well researched in policy terms.

Also not going to forget that the Guardian sacked her for writing a column that was critical of Tom Watson, an absurdly petty thing to do.

Not a bad epitaph.

• Like 4

Beaten to it, was gonna break the Biz Markie news too. Swear there was a rumour about him passing away a couple of weeks ago 

52 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The great Tom O’Connor has died. Lovely bloke. Very funny man. Naturally funny. 

Yeah he was the only one of that Scouse generation of comedians like Tarby and Boardman that was nice, the others were generally obnoxious rocket polishers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Former Villa and Coventry Defender George Curtis Died aged 82.

He really was made of granite was George. He’ll be remembered mainly for his time at Coventry, but in his time at VP he gave us everything he’d got at a difficult time for the club. A gentleman off the pitch, but a real hard man on it. Not many like him these days. RIP George.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

That might be the first person ever to go from one of my lists - apart from Bruce Forsyth, perhaps (though I may have dropped him for 2017).

I’d like to think that the Mason family could take that as a crumb of comfort during this difficult time ;)

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1