Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't know anything about finances but wouldn't be surprised to see them in Admin at some point, unless they can somehow get promoted, which doesn't seem very likely. At some point the debts will catch up with them.

Trust me nobody is putting money in the debts just keep building and sooner or later they will become unserviceable.

I’ve been predicting administration for a couple of years but player sales like Che Adam and now Bellingham have kept them afloat, it won’t keep happening, sooner or later they will be in trouble. At one point they were spending 140% of their income on wages!

So for ever £1 of income the club generated £1.40 went out on wages, that is insanity.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Trust me nobody is putting money in the debts just keep building and sooner or later they will become unserviceable.

I’ve been predicting administration for a couple of years but player sales like Che Adam and now Bellingham have kept them afloat, it won’t keep happening, sooner or later they will be in trouble. At one point they were spending 140% of their income on wages!

So for ever £1 of income the club generated £1.40 went out on wages, that is insanity.

Ahhhh, retiring his shirt makes sense now, it wasn't his contributions on the pitch but the fact that his fee has kept them afloat.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably using them as a stepping stone to build up his reputation again. He has a close relationship with Mourinho too so i expect they will loan some youngsters fro. Spurs.

Cant see them struggling like this year.

Not having a go, but I've seen this line a lot in recent years. 'They'll be good because they've signed Jota and Harlee Dean'. 'They'll be good because Garry Monk is their manager'. 'They'll be good because they can spend the Che Adams money'.

My expectation is that they will be more or less as shit as they always are. Promising youngsters from Spurs are not a guarantee of success. Josh Onomah was a very promising youngster from Spurs.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not having a go, but I've seen this line a lot in recent years. 'They'll be good because they've signed Jota and Harlee Dean'. 'They'll be good because Garry Monk is their manager'. 'They'll be good because they can spend the Che Adams money'.

My expectation is that they will be more or less as shit as they always are. Promising youngsters from Spurs are not a guarantee of success. Josh Onomah was a very promising youngster from Spurs.

Funnily if situation was reversed the same posters be saying we are favourites for relegation 

I remember they signed Jota and some people said was best player in championship and would destroy us. We probably finished 25 points ahead of them

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funnily if situation was reversed the same posters be saying we are favourites for relegation 

I remember they signed Jota and some people said was best player in championship and would destroy us. We probably finished 25 points ahead of them

Jota is a perfectly reasonable player at Championship level, but their problem hasn't been getting individual players who are good at the club. Bellingham, Adams, Jutkiewicz, Jota, Colin, Pedersen, even Maghoma - these are decent or in some cases very good players for that level. Their problems have instead been firstly, that they have no squad depth, and secondly that the whole club has a loser's mentality. The former is going to be made worse by their financial problems and probably not much alleviated by kids from Spurs U23's. The second just never seems to get better no matter what, for some reason.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being linked with uncle albert. Alberts best days are behind him but please dont go to that dump adomah!

Probably a lazy link since Adomah played under Karanka before

Would be nice see them add to the not wanted by Villa players in the squad 😂

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a big difference to what Xia said and what Dong has said in that clip, main difference being that Xia said it was his aim for us to be in the champions league within a certain timeframe, whereas Dong says 'when' they're in the champions league as if it's definitely going to happen.

Also very different circumstances surrounding the two clubs, for instance if someone was going to buy Watford now, a team that has only just been relegated as we were when Xia bought us, and invest heavily in players, and they said they wanted champions league football within three or four years, it would be a very unwise thing to say, but it wouldn't be as ridiculous, as someone in charge of team that barely has a squad of players, and has barely survived relegation from the championship for the last four or five seasons saying that they're going to be in the champions league within two or three years.

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â