Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

The transfer fee is **** all in today's world, £25 million upfront with 7 million in add ons

We spend that on tshibola and McCormack 

It’s a lot of money for a 17 year old.

There’s a lot of promise (apparently, I’ve never watched him play) but he hasn’t even played in the top division. We’ve seen so many promising 17/18 year olds fail to push on. He could become nothing special. 

I’ve just heard they are gonna rename one of the home stands after him. Can’t wait to see lots of empty seats in the “Bell End”

• Like 1

To be fair to Bellingham he's a very decent player, it's not for nothing that Borussia Dortmund have paid £25m for him and have said that he's going straight into their first teams squad. But I don't think that's the point, this retiring of his shirt would have been embarrasing even if he'd have scored thirty goals and lead them to the title.

23 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They probably see the club is trending on Twitter and think it’s a good thing.  
Maybe they retired the number because they got a big (ish) fee? 

To be serious for a second depite how hilarious and ridiculous I find all of this, Bellingham had the opportunity to leave on a free as he is 17, but he demanded that any team interested in him would negotiate a transfer fee with Blues, which has eased their current financial issues, I think they owe something like £90m to their owner. It's still ridiculous, but I think that's the jist of why the number was retired.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

To be serious for a second depite how hilarious and ridiculous I find all of this, Bellingham had the opportunity to leave on a free as he is 17, but he demanded that any team interested in him would negotiate a transfer fee with Blues, which has eased their current financial issues, I think they owe something like £90m to their owner. It's still ridiculous, but I think that's the jist of why the number was retired.

Yeah it’s real noble of him. But you thank him, wish him luck and work towards making the club as competitive as possible next season, starting with the correct managerial appointment. You certainly don’t have a carnival. 

To be sure that is a Dong vanity parade. Absolute joke club. 

I’m grateful nonetheless 😂😂

long live dong

Edited by GENTLEMAN

30 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Is that not the same with any highly rated kid. 

Could Rooney not have done that or Theo? Blues seem to be acting like this is the first time this has happened.

Something doesn’t quite ring true, why would Dortmund over pay by about £25m on a promising youngster if they could get him for a nominal compensation fee?

Edited by Genie

16 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah it’s real noble of him. But you thank him, wish him luck and work towards making the club as competitive as possible next season, starting with the correct managerial appointment. You certainly don’t have a carnival. 

To be sure that is a Dong vanity parade. Absolute joke club. 

I’m grateful nonetheless 😂😂

long live dong

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is that not the same with any highly rated kid. 

Could Rooney not have done that or Theo? Blues seem to be acting like this is the first time this has happened.

Yeah it's stupid, but that's the reasoning I think.

3 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Because Bellingham wouldn't have joined otherwise.

I suppose, I’d have thought they (Dortmund) could have done better than him for £25-30m. It’s a bit of risky business on their part. 

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Hang on a minute. Didn’t he just do a Fabian Delph?

You don't have to pay a tranfer fee for youngsters that haven't signed a professional contract, and players aren't allowed to sign a contract until they're seventeen, as soon as Bellingham turned seventeed he signed a professional deal with them so they'd receive a transfer fee for him, if he wanted to he could have refused to sign that professonal deal and gone to Dortmund and small heath would have only received a small compensation fee, and Bellingham himself would have made more money from the deal, he's basically earned them tens of millions when he didn't have to.

No reason to retire his jersey, but still a decent gesture from him. Their problem is that they'll probably just waste the money.

• Like 2

Â