Jump to content
rjw63

Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Recommended Posts

I've seen a load of Villa fans on twitter saying that, because of where the Peaky Blinders were actually from, it's highly likely they were actually Villa fans. I don't know if that's just Villa fans trying to stir up some trouble, or whether there's any truth behind it.

I don't care either way, but it would be funny if that somehow came out, and the noses all had to throw their Tesco flat-caps and ASDA George waistcoats in the bin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I've seen a load of Villa fans on twitter saying that, because of where the Peaky Blinders were actually from, it's highly likely they were actually Villa fans. I don't know if that's just Villa fans trying to stir up some trouble, or whether there's any truth behind it.

I don't care either way, but it would be funny if that somehow came out, and the noses all had to throw their Tesco flat-caps and ASDA George waistcoats in the bin.

It would be bloody hilarious if in the next series they make a reference to being Villa fans and SHA have to quickly scrap all marketing :lol: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 07:03, HanoiVillan said:

At the risk of excommunication, I just don't think this is particularly risible or silly. The Shelby brothers come from Small Heath, and are established through dialogue as noses in the first season. It's a globally-popular TV program, and I doubt they have a more famous fan, real or fictional. Any club would try to do something to exploit that, and I note that we haven't exactly been bashful about sprinkling stardust when it comes to eg Tom Hanks or Prince William.

Pretty  sure they wasn`t remember the Villa being mentioned once, but never the Sty or their supporters, the writer is a nose though

Edited by tismyk
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Pretty  sure they wasn`t remember the Villa being mentioned once, but never the Sty or their supporters, the writer is a nose though

There's definitely a scene in the first season where it's mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2019 at 08:56, Stuartc445 said:

I just can't watch the accents are painful some are more scouse than Brummie and the one this series I heard it the matter of a few sentences he went through all the dialects I'm Birmingham.

It's a very common for actors to do that "scouse brummie" accent, I've been hearing it since the days of "Crossroads". :lol:

Years ago a mate of mine went off to uni and pointed out the only good aspect about the shite brummie accent was no bugger could actually take the piss out of it properly because nobody could actually do it.

The best they could do is what actors who manage to avoid scouse brummie - or scummy, if you prefer - do and that's the yam yam midlands accent.

Despite it being an utterly bone accent and sounding simple to reproduce, it's actually hellishly difficult for a non-native to replicate with any consistent authenticity. As you've mentioned, sometimes a few people will pull off a sentence or two but the longer they're expected to speak, the harder it is to not slide around the region before finally ending up in Birkenhead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think it's mentioned that they are bluenoses. In the first season the Irish bird asks 'what's all this' when the pub is rammed early afternoon and tommy says something like 'these are just the good old lads off down to St Andrews later' he doesn't then go on to say he's also a massive zulu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, privateer said:

It's a very common for actors to do that "scouse brummie" accent, I've been hearing it since the days of "Crossroads". :lol:

Years ago a mate of mine went off to uni and pointed out the only good aspect about the shite brummie accent was no bugger could actually take the piss out of it properly because nobody could actually do it.

The best they could do is what actors who manage to avoid scouse brummie - or scummy, if you prefer - do and that's the yam yam midlands accent.

Despite it being an utterly bone accent and sounding simple to reproduce, it's actually hellishly difficult for a non-native to replicate with any consistent authenticity. As you've mentioned, sometimes a few people will pull off a sentence or two but the longer they're expected to speak, the harder it is to not slide around the region before finally ending up in Birkenhead.

Arthur Shelby is pretty good but Aunt Polly is straight outta Croxteth. 

The Scum are definitely referenced in PB and there is a line about ALL prostitutes from Aston being pox ridden. 

In those days no one from Small Heath would be Villa, that's nonsense. 

Anyone who dresses Peaky is an utter tit regardless of which team they support. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry to bump this thread, but worth mentioning the little shite that tweeted about jack's brother has been run over. he survived and will make a full recovery, so i make no apologies for being mildly pleased that he's suffered some discomfort

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

sorry to bump this thread, but worth mentioning the little shite that tweeted about jack's brother has been run over. he survived and will make a full recovery, so i make no apologies for being mildly pleased that he's suffered some discomfort

Yeah I saw that too.  Wasn't sure if I should mention it on here - seemed like gloating but I don't feel so bad about it now 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems incredibly hapless.  Pretty sure he had a fall at Wembley (watching Man City) and was in a coma a few months ago too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing the small heath lot he's probably on some incapacity fraud but being a bluenose is enough as that's a sign of clear irreparable mental impairment

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He seems incredibly hapless.  Pretty sure he had a fall at Wembley (watching Man City) and was in a coma a few months ago too.

That's true. Three times the karm charm, eh? :crylaugh:

The universe isn't done with you yet, blue nose, you utter word removed. Not by a long way. :thumb:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 07:49, Wainy316 said:

He seems incredibly hapless. 

Do you mean hapless, or a piss-head who keeps doing stupid things?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2019 at 22:20, sidcow said:

Anyone who dresses Peaky is an utter tit regardless of which team they support. 

My cousin got married this summer and all of his bride's family decided to dress up as Peaky Blinders and strut around like gangsters. The wedding was in Devon and as far as I know that's where all her family are from so no Small Heath connection. 

I felt guilty about missing my cousins wedding, then I heard about that bollocks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

My cousin got married this summer and all of his bride's family decided to dress up as Peaky Blinders and strut around like gangsters. The wedding was in Devon and as far as I know that's where all her family are from so no Small Heath connection. 

I felt guilty about missing my cousins wedding, then I heard about that bollocks.

Are you sure it wasn't just a farmer thing?!

Flat caps don't tend to be associated with gangs in that part of the world!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Are you sure it wasn't just a farmer thing?!

Flat caps don't tend to be associated with gangs in that part of the world!

Ive seen the photos, I watch the show and I also grew up Devon, trust me it was Peaky Blinders.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Ive seen the photos, I watch the show and I also grew up Devon, trust me it was Peaky Blinders.

I believe you, I just find it really weird.

I'm from a farming background in Somerset and I can't associate flat caps with anything else...and a big group wearing them just reminds me of the dickheads out for the boxing day hunt.

Ignoring all that, it's just a bit shite for a wedding. I don't understand why someone would want to go down the gimick route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of being criticised by a certain VTer about my SHA obsession i just had to take a peek at their forum after last nights game and it didn't disappoint ! Comments from "if Greasy fanny plays fo England then I ain't watching"...."singing about us already i see"....."Newcastle were crap"..."we're proper brummies"...some good bitter stuff there. In all fairness there were a couple of comments about conor's free kick and one nose responded about our obsession singing about them along the lines of "as opposed to having a thread about villa ?".

Maybe there's hope for them........some of them.....?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Digbeth dining club will be a morgue going forward with all the noses who are going to boycott it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â