Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I presumed that that was just paddypower making fun of their obsession with the peaky blinders, and that they didn't actually have a 'peaky blinder box', but it's actually real, they also have 'peaky blinders evenings'. I'm surprised they haven't been criticised more for it, they're basically using a criminal gang to promote their club, doesn't really set the best example to their fans, who already have a reputation for getting into trouble. If West Ham were to have Kray Brothers boxes or whatever there would probably be an uproar, not sure how this is much different.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I presumed that that was just paddypower making fun of their obsession with the peaky blinders, and that they didn't actually have a 'peaky blinder box', but it's actually real, they also have 'peaky blinders evenings'. I'm surprised they haven't been criticised more for it, they're basically using a criminal gang to promote their club, doesn't really set the best example to their fans, who already have a reputation for getting into trouble. If West Ham were to have Kray Brothers boxes or whatever there would probably be an uproar, not sure how this is much different.

SHA fans cling onto that to apparently show they're the club of the city e.g. we don't care about it while they have Peaky away fancy dresses so we're all out of towners with no connection to Brum while they're promoting the city with the Redditch blues dressing up (even though I think large parts of it are filmed in Liverpool).

Never watched the show anyway.

At the risk of excommunication, I just don't think this is particularly risible or silly. The Shelby brothers come from Small Heath, and are established through dialogue as noses in the first season. It's a globally-popular TV program, and I doubt they have a more famous fan, real or fictional. Any club would try to do something to exploit that, and I note that we haven't exactly been bashful about sprinkling stardust when it comes to eg Tom Hanks or Prince William.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

At the risk of excommunication, I just don't think this is particularly risible or silly. The Shelby brothers come from Small Heath, and are established through dialogue as noses in the first season. It's a globally-popular TV program, and I doubt they have a more famous fan, real or fictional. Any club would try to do something to exploit that, and I note that we haven't exactly been bashful about sprinkling stardust when it comes to eg Tom Hanks or Prince William.

I think the issue is Tom Hanks wasnt going around torturing and stealing from people to make a living. 

It be no different than West Ham bringing out Kray memorabilia or Rangers the Billy Boys

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think the issue is Tom Hanks wasnt going around torturing and stealing from people to make a living. 

It be no different than West Ham bringing out Kray memorabilia or Rangers the Billy Boys

It's clearly a reference to the TV program, rather than the gang themselves as historical figures, as we can see from the fact that they've only started marketing this connection since the show has been popular.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

SHA fans cling onto that to apparently show they're the club of the city e.g. we don't care about it while they have Peaky away fancy dresses so we're all out of towners with no connection to Brum while they're promoting the city with the Redditch blues dressing up (even though I think large parts of it are filmed in Liverpool).

Never watched the show anyway.

I've seen 2 episodes 1 in the 1st series and then again the latest one and I just can't watch the accents are painful some are more scouse than Brummie and the one this series I heard it the matter of a few sentences he went through all the dialects I'm Birmingham. It drives me mad so for blues the big it up so much when the show have clearly made no attempt to get the accents correct is quite strange. But then again this is Small Heath so it's no surprise really. 

• Like 1

On 06/11/2019 at 08:56, Stuartc445 said:

I've seen 2 episodes 1 in the 1st series and then again the latest one and I just can't watch the accents are painful some are more scouse than Brummie and the one this series I heard it the matter of a few sentences he went through all the dialects I'm Birmingham. It drives me mad so for blues the big it up so much when the show have clearly made no attempt to get the accents correct is quite strange. But then again this is Small Heath so it's no surprise really. 

This. 100%. The attempt on the brummie accent reminded me of Timothy Spall's shocking west bromwich accent from auf wiedersehen pet !

Now that SHA are shamelessly pimping themselves out to it means I'll never watch it at all now.

I watch it to be fair. In series 4 they want to see who is from Brum and who isn't so the question they ask is who plays in goal for blues and villa? (At the time it was Tommy Jackson for villa). And I thought I'd be screwed here as it took me about 5 minutes to remember camp plays for blues they'd have shot me

• Haha 2

It means nothing to me, but since they have a monopoly on pettiness, how do they feel about Ben Zephaniah being in the show? That has to grind their gears a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I watch it to be fair. In series 4 they want to see who is from Brum and who isn't so the question they ask is who plays in goal for blues and villa? (At the time it was Tommy Jackson for villa). And I thought I'd be screwed here as it took me about 5 minutes to remember camp plays for blues they'd have shot me

Would have been killed last season. Was it Nyland, Kalinic, Steer or Bunn 😂

I've seen a load of Villa fans on twitter saying that, because of where the Peaky Blinders were actually from, it's highly likely they were actually Villa fans. I don't know if that's just Villa fans trying to stir up some trouble, or whether there's any truth behind it.

I don't care either way, but it would be funny if that somehow came out, and the noses all had to throw their Tesco flat-caps and ASDA George waistcoats in the bin.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I've seen a load of Villa fans on twitter saying that, because of where the Peaky Blinders were actually from, it's highly likely they were actually Villa fans. I don't know if that's just Villa fans trying to stir up some trouble, or whether there's any truth behind it.

I don't care either way, but it would be funny if that somehow came out, and the noses all had to throw their Tesco flat-caps and ASDA George waistcoats in the bin.

It would be bloody hilarious if in the next series they make a reference to being Villa fans and SHA have to quickly scrap all marketing :lol: 

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 07:03, HanoiVillan said:

Pretty  sure they wasn`t remember the Villa being mentioned once, but never the Sty or their supporters, the writer is a nose though

Edited by tismyk
spelling

Â