Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

That QPR docu is well worth watching for the personalities involved. Briatore wanted to pick every player and make every decision, which is why they ended up chewing through a bunch of managers. I can't imagine him being able to watch Blose without going into a destructive rage every single match, then attacking the fans when they start to criticise him. Still, I wouldn't want it to happen because like Demitiri says, I thought he was loaded, plus he might have learnt some lessons about what not to do from QPR.

the documentary is brilliant, the extra cash he would provide will be balanced by the shite managers he will have to employ to allow him to run the club the way he wants

and im also sure that despite speding some money behind the scenes at QPR in an attempt to increase the corporate side (ie he built himself a shiny office and a swish bar to mingle in after the games) he didnt actually spend that much on the playing staff

Briatore is not involved apparently and its being headed by Paladini and a load of italians. Now i think he might have been on that documentry talked about can't say as i have not seen it but what i can say is this, i have an Italian friend that has had dealings with Paladini and basically thinks he is a snake so could really be interesting if he takes over! They will milk the club dry if it has not been taken to the cleaners already by the Chinese!

Briatore is not involved apparently and its being headed by Paladini and a load of italians. Now i think he might have been on that documentry talked about can't say as i have not seen it but what i can say is this, i have an Italian friend that has had dealings with Paladini and basically thinks he is a snake so could really be interesting if he takes over! They will milk the club dry if it has not been taken to the cleaners already by the Chinese!

I know Gianni and his brother really well. They have been family friends for years and years.

My dad used to to business with Gianni back in the 70's and early 80's. Not entirely above board I must say :lol:

Paladini features heavily in that docu and doesn't come off too well (in fact he was furious about it and called it a stitch up by Amit Bhatia). He's seen discussing manager Paolo Sousa and referring to him as 'that idiot' with another board member, which is fairly innocuous, but there's also the suggestion he was behind some dodgy transfer dealing which nearly cost QPR a point deduction and automatic promotion. Seems much less of a walking disaster than Flavio Briatore, though. TBH Paladini and his associates seem to know their footballing onions better than, say, Venky's or Carson Yeung, so I'm not too happy about this news.

i dont see why anyone would want such a poor club? they have a very poor squad, huge debts, a dump stadium and a small fan base. he is better off buying blackpool or brighton. both are up and coming clubs

There are two interested parties, one UK, presumably Paladini, and one Indian.

It will be sold.

i dont see why anyone would want such a poor club? they have a very poor squad, huge debts, a dump stadium and a small fan base. he is better off buying blackpool or brighton. both are up and coming clubs

Birmingham is a much bigger city than either Blackpool or Brighton though.

Can you think of a single logical reason why Tony Bloom or Owen Oyston would sell their home-town clubs to Paladini? Why would either of them sell for the paltry amount that he'll be offering to buy Blues for?

Surely the reason he's interested in them is because he can pick it up for an absolute pittance.

Surely the reason he's interested in them is because he can pick it up for an absolute pittance.

you may be right thats it cheaper option but if you have to invest a heavy amount on the first team and pay a shed load of debt doesnt matter even if you are paying cheaper. your not really saving anything.

Not happening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19602758

Birmingham City: Gianni Paladini's takeover approach rejected

Birmingham City have rejected an approach to take over the club from former QPR chairman Gianni Paladini.

Paladini told BBC WM on Wednesday that he was involved in a consortium interested in buying Blues for £25m.

But a statement released by the Championship club on Friday indicates that he has been turned down flat.

"A takeover bid was made to the board's lawyers by representatives of an undisclosed party," read the statement. "But this was summarily rejected."

It continued: "The board of Birmingham City FC can clarify its position following recent media speculation regarding the ownership of the club.

"After comments made to the media, the club would like to place on record that there are no discussions taking place with any group associated with Gianni Paladini.

"No further comment will be made at this stage."

The Italian, who has had an affiliation with football in the Midlands since representing then Aston Villa boss John Gregory as his agent a decade ago, is still based locally in Solihull.

Paladini said he has been in the Birmingham area since coming to England at the age of 22.

He left QPR by mutual consent in 2011 after eight years at Loftus Road.

Blues, 21st in the Championship, are currently owned by Hong Kong businessman Carson Yeung.

Â