Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Carig Gardner, with the first booking of the game, who'd of thought that eh?

Loved the 'you used to play for a big club' song directed at him.

Liked it but preferred the, "Thats why we **** you off" chant that got going in the lower Holte.

I thought they sang shall we a sing a song for you and then started singing you've never won **** all, like how they sang small heath, trying to laugh off our songs

Best chant of theirs was the bloke in the white trackie top with 2 empty seats in front, behind and next to hin singing about empty seats, **** muppet

Anyone else see the bloke smuggling a cannonball?!

Funniest things that i heard them sing, was "you have not won **** all" and "Aston is a shit hole, i want to go home"

You really cant make up how thick and stupid they are. The scariest thing, is that they dont realise it!!

well tbh, we havent and it is

Funniest things that i heard them sing, was "you have not won **** all" and "Aston is a shit hole, i want to go home"

You really cant make up how thick and stupid they are. The scariest thing, is that they dont realise it!!

Touché!

So I take it you agree with Glaston that trophies don't count unless they were won when, let's say, since Sky began showing games on TV?

At the risk of starting a whole different argument, this current Villa team haven't won anything. None of the the players at the club at the moment have lifted a trophy in a Villa shirt. Whilst this is true of alot of teams (their team's kit, not Villa shirts obviously), it does raise an interesting point as to what you class as a successful team. I don't think we can say Villa are currently a successful team, when no-one involved in our last trophy win is still at the club, not even the chairman or board room team. A good chunk of our fans were not even born when we won the European Cup, and yet it's always the first thing mentioned when we defend Villa's successes.

So I take it you agree with Glaston that trophies don't count unless they were won when, let's say, since Sky began showing games on TV?

But if they were singing 'You have NOT won **** all' then clearly they are right, because last time I checked we have.

/Pedant :winkold:

At the risk of starting a whole different argument, this current Villa team haven't won anything. None of the the players at the club at the moment have lifted a trophy in a Villa shirt. Whilst this is true of alot of teams (their team's kit, not Villa shirts obviously), it does raise an interesting point as to what you class as a successful team. I don't think we can say Villa are currently a successful team, when no-one involved in our last trophy win is still at the club, not even the chairman or board room team. A good chunk of our fans were not even born when we won the European Cup, and yet it's always the first thing mentioned when we defend Villa's successes.
I don't think just because the last time we were the best team in Europe and perhaps the World was 28 years ago it shouldn't be recognised by our younger supporters. Likewise, I think the current reputation of the team in today's society is reflective of our recent trophy record too. I don't think that should come into it though when Bluenoses are trying to discredit the Club by singing ignorant rubbish (unless of course they add Glaston-proviso :lol:)

Â