rjw63

:lol: you knew it wouldnt last

Pannu: McLeish is 'no Mourinho'

Thursday 2nd September 2010 7:25

Print Article

Email Article

McLeish: Contract talks not going well

Click here for football betting

Birmingham vice-chairman Peter Pannu has told boss Alex McLeish that he is "no Mourinho" after contract talks between the two parties stalled.

The former Rangers and Scotland chief has been in talks with Blues officials over a new contract for some time, but as yet no deal has been agreed between all parties.

Birmingham were keen to reward McLeish with a new deal after guiding them to ninth spot last season on the back of winning promotion to the Premier League the year before.

The contract talks have been dragging on for a number of weeks now with Pannu claiming McLeish is asking for too much money.

McLeish is also thought to have fallen out with the Birmingham board following a jibe from Pannu that the Scot is "no Mourinho".

"I have been in talks with his representative and he was asking for a very large amount of money which I was not prepared to meet," Pannu told the Daily Star.

Pannu admits McLeish deserved a bonus for his performance last year, but he felt the Scot was still not the finished article.

"He has not been tried and tested yet," added Pannu. "The club was relegated, then promoted and last year we stayed up, so he has done well.

"But to suggest that he is in the top class like a Mourinho, well, he is no Mourinho yet. The ball is in his court."

McLeish, when asked about his contract situation, refused to discuss developments, saying: "I don't want to talk about it.

"We've signed three players and that's all I want to talk about."

trouble at the sty

Yeung is such a word removed.

I know it goes without saying, but I though I'd say it anyway.

McCliesh is the best damn thing to happen to that joke of a club in it's miserable existence (unless you count winning the window wiper cup of course). I daresay he'll be off at the next whiff of a decent job, he's better than those shysters.

The problem is with these sort of managers is, can they make the step up a couple of levels to push on a top side? Yeah with a bottom tier premierleague team like blues he is good but how would he be managing a truely mid table side, then what about a top 6/8 club?

i think mccliesh should have gone for fulham or even liverpool job. he is far to go for the sty dwellers. peter fanny had cocked up big time with this statement. dont believe his waffle statement trying to cover it up for a second. only a mug would believe that "they laughed about it"

i think mccliesh should have gone for fulham or even liverpool job. he is far to go for the sty dwellers. peter fanny had cocked up big time with this statement. dont believe his waffle statement trying to cover it up for a second. only a mug would believe that "they laughed about it"

:lol: Look at RAWK's reaction to Hodgson's appointment, if they had hired McLeish all hell would have broken loose.

Â