Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Look at jubilation on the players faces. Embarrassing

peace_cup_celebration.jpg

peace+cup+2.jpg

Whereas we look like we don't give a toss about our pre-season tournament win. In a packed stadium.

Ive never saw them photos :oops: we look proper small time there. Think thats first time i ever saw NRC smile

Ive never saw them photos Embarassed we look proper small time there.

A bunch of players have just won their first ever tournament (for most of them). Do you want them to just wander around the place looking glum and po-faced?

That goes for both us and Birmingham. I'd hope they would be quite happy. I know I was pretty chuffed after the Peace Cup Final.

One point, SHA's pre-season "trophy haul" has come from beating Hong Kong, Beijing and Liaoning Whowin. We had to beat Atlante, Porto and Juventus (the latter two fielding relatively full-strength sides against our somewhat experimental line-up). I don't think there's any hypocrisy in deriding the underwhelming exploits of the knuckle-draggers whilst feeling chuffed that we managed to bag the Peace Cup.

I agree gareth we had more reserves than 1st teamers in that team yet battered porto and neat juve, was a great achievement, beating 3 piss poor chinese teams during a (according to roger johnson) a badly organised pre season tour imo isn't

and you could argue that our empty stadium was due to the organisers failure to bring in locals but iirc it still did well in the asian market, sha failed to draw in the asian market and have had eck and players say how shit it is there, achieving absolutely **** all, johnson was moaning they have been up early every day to fly about and play on awful pitches against weak teams in empty stadiums, total fail for sha

Look at jubilation on the players faces. Embarrassing

peace_cup_celebration.jpg

peace+cup+2.jpg

Whereas we look like we don't give a toss about our pre-season tournament win. In a packed stadium.

Ive never saw them photos :oops: we look proper small time there. Think thats first time i ever saw NRC smile

Do you think that's NRC?

• 2 weeks later...

they are on the brink of signing mauro camoranesi! could be a good signing, or could be a 33 year old winger who has probably never had the pace to be a winger here anyway looking for a 3/4 year deal and a huge pay day

either way they'll crow over that one even more than they did zigic "turning us down"

they're after grosso too

these signings represent the classic nose business model.

a) get promoted

B) do well with a team of hard-working, determined, dirty and technically limited players

c) get ideas above their station

d) sign foreign mercenaries from bigger clubs or abroad who soon realise they've made an enormous gaffe signing for such a wank club and stop trying (eg. - gronjkaer, melchiot, pandiani, heskey, nafti....)

e) they go back down gifting us 6 points in the process

f) owner gives interview following relegation saying the club's nutcase supporters have left him fearing for the safety of his family.

Classic

I put this in another thread but it fits better here. It's from about 3 years ago now but just watch the woman on 3:06. The kissing of the Diadora badge just tops it off beatifully.

Jump this video to 3:06 to see why you've got to love blues fans really. Anyone who shows their pride in a club by yelling "up da blowse and down da veela" and then kissing the diadora badge on their shirt is good in my book

i've spent pretty much all day browsing this thread and its absolute gold. this one is just too good (load from 3mins to allow for a couple of seconds build up)

Can't help myself.

Just noticed we entertain this lot at VP on Halloween - how apt :D:D:D

I can't wait for that one, I could really do with fist-punching face emoticon right now.

Zigic will be shit and the loss of Joe Hart will lose them a few points, plus, i really doubt they'll play as well as they did last year.

Â