Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Only SHA could come up with something as pathetic as that.

"Lets remember our 12 game unbeaten run - the longest in our history". To be fair they've got **** all else to remember.

And calling them "the unbeatables" - ha ha ha, the problem is they got beat though...

They've got thier 12 decade trophyless run to hold onto.... it's a record atleast :)

Only SHA could come up with something as pathetic as that.

"Lets remember our 12 game unbeaten run - the longest in our history".

It kind of puts things in perspective that Villa had a 13-game unbeaten run only last year, in what ended up being a rather average year in our history.

It's also worth noting that:

* they still haven't managed to win a game by more than one goal this season,

* the highest-ranked team they have actually beaten is Fulham (1-0 at home),

* they have scored only 0.95 goals per game this season,

* although their defence has been surprisingly good, they have still let in more goals than they have scored.

Not that I would seek to belittle their glorious run, of course. Anyone trying to write a book entitled Birmingham City: The Glory Years for example should definitely dedicate a chapter to it. I mean, you'd have to pad it out with something.

I went today. My mate had a spare ticket and I had nothing better to do so thought I might as well take up the offer of a free game of Premiership football and lift there and back.

It was absolutely awful. My mate insists they're not usually that bad, but the game I went to see last season when they beat Charlton 3-2 was infinitely more entertaining. SHA offered nothing, the best chances fell to Benitez who having now watched him in the flesh, can confirm that he's absolutely shit. Neat touches, can get into position but can't finish to save his life, had 2 one on ones today and failed to even come close to scoring either of them. Their fans were really getting pissed off with him and my mate confirmed that he's always that bad. He's also the most right footed player since Paul Merson. The only time he used his left foot was when he would have been through on goal but bafflingly cut back onto left foot to let rip with another awful shot. Steven Carr was probably their best player, did really well both defensively and going forward.

As for Spurs they offered nothing either. Without Lennon they didn't have any options other than lump it forward to Crouch, who did pretty well, but had little support. If they beat us next weekend I'll be very disappointed, though maybe they're a different prospect at home I don't know.

Oh and Ridgewell, well he was lucky it was only Bentley up against him, Lennon would have eaten him for breakfast at left back. Scored though, which is more you can say for anyone else on their team.

Just remembered how bad McFadden was too. Again their fans were really getting on his back but he can barely pass, he tries to run with the ball despite having no pace, dreadful set pieces too.

edit: And yes I have been thoroughly disinfected.

What was the attendance like Paddy? Spuds is a pretty big draw so it would be interesting to see how many 'noses came out of the woodwork for that one...

Think they said 26k, maybe 27k. It was close to being full but there was just a block empty in the the bit next to the away fans and obviously a few others dotted around the stadium.

Their substitutions are still sponsored (by Hollywood Installations I think it was called), which always gives me a laugh whenever I go. Such a small time thing to do.

i hope she burned all your clothes and showered paddy!!

i saw that bentiz misses they were poor. i really dont get how they are so high with scoring so little goals

I'm sure it's just stating the obvious but don't think I'm being sarcastic when I say... they've got a good defence.

Carr, Dann and Johnson were very good again yesterday, particularly Carr, which surprised me.

Their substitutions are still sponsored (by Hollywood Installations I think it was called), which always gives me a laugh whenever I go. Such a small time thing to do.

:crylaugh: Thats quality, I never knew that.

Someone used to sponsor injury time there too, so at least they've stopped that...

i really dont get how they are so high with scoring so little goals

Roger Johnson and Scott Dann.

They would be battling relegation if they didn't have arguably the best centre defensive partnership in the league right now. (Yes I know our record is better.. but thanks largely thanks to Cuellar and Warnock too, along with good working back from the midfield.. Birmingham are pretty shite in most areas of the pitch, but these 2 keep getting them draws from games they should be losing and wins from games they should be drawing)

It really does pain me to say, been very very impressed with these 2. Let's hope it doesn't last, or that a bigger club comes in and takes one of them.

Oh dear, the Blosers fail to convince anyone they are nothing but a shitstain on the planet. Spending a grand total of £ 6 million on two bench warmers, one a lifelong Villa fan....

Couldn't happen to a nicer club :lol:

we said and we were told we was jealous but we told you so blosers. when hong kong phooey said 40m we said it wont happen and suprise suprise we was proved right. mcclesih and his cronies will say they tried to get the players in but janaury was tough blah blah. i highly doubt there was ever 40m to spend.

january is when they should have bought as no-one was buying!! come summer everyone will be spending so they will find it just as tough. i would have liked them to spend 12m on that lump pavlachenko he is awful!

Â