Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I think Darren Moore is a good manager, Albion were in the play-off places seven points clear of Bristol City in seventh place when they sacked him, his record with them for six games in the premier league isn't bad either, won three and lost one; and Doncaster are currently sixth with games in hand, the only question might be can the Wednesday players adapt to his style of football in time to save their season, after being used to playing for the likes of Pulis, Monk, and Bruce.

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I can’t decide if that’s a good appointment or not?! Hoping he has enough to rejuvenate them to go above Blues. 

It is both. I think he will get them organised and motivated so in the short term good, I’m not so sure medium to long term though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

What happened to their accounts being released? I've barely been able to sleep for the excitement the last few weeks. 

Came out last week for the holding company, not the club. Headlines as follows:

* Group made £7m profit for first 6 months of the year 

* Group revenue down 45% and Blues revenue down 53%

* Out goings only dropped by 20% so the only reason for a profit was the same of Bellingham. No wonder they retired the number, his decisions plugged a huge hole in their finances. Its the only thing that dug them out of a massive hole as they’ve borrowed around £17m against future payments from Dortmund

The way I look at it, their revenue dropped far more than their expenditure, 33% difference in a 6 month period with the Bellingham money. It is therefore reasonable to assume that the next 6 months accounts will be show heavy loses. Which will probably see the price of the holding company rise to £500m!!! 

Debt appears to have been reduced significantly but it is really really really hard to tell and only gives a picture up until Dec and not what has happened since.

They will get match day revenue and ST sales in the summer which they didn’t get this season but there will be no Bellingham style plus for the books.

So to me, it seems like they are likely to carry on as they’ve done the last few years unless they go down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Came out last week for the holding company, not the club. Headlines as follows:

* Group made £7m profit for first 6 months of the year 

* Group revenue down 45% and Blues revenue down 53%

* Out goings only dropped by 20% so the only reason for a profit was the same of Bellingham. No wonder they retired the number, his decisions plugged a huge hole in their finances. Its the only thing that dug them out of a massive hole as they’ve borrowed around £17m against future payments from Dortmund

The way I look at it, their revenue dropped far more than their expenditure, 33% difference in a 6 month period with the Bellingham money. It is therefore reasonable to assume that the next 6 months accounts will be show heavy loses. Which will probably see the price of the holding company rise to £500m!!! 

Debt appears to have been reduced significantly but it is really really really hard to tell and only gives a picture up until Dec and not what has happened since.

They will get match day revenue and ST sales in the summer which they didn’t get this season but there will be no Bellingham style plus for the books.

So to me, it seems like they are likely to carry on as they’ve done the last few years unless they go down.

The Bellingham money was always going to help them with this set of accounts. But as you say they wont have 20m to use.

Looking at their squad they have absolutely zero assests that comes anywhere near what bellingham was worth. So they cant rely on player sales for the next set of accounts.

It all seems very dodgy to me. 

I think they will stay up as rotherham are hopeless. It does depend on how moore does. Its just as shame they never appointed him before the blose game

I don't think this is a particularly good result for them, bearing in mind that they have one of the worst home records in the league so are reliant on their away form, and they were playing an Huddersfied team that before today had lost eight of their last eleven games and only won one of them.

Sheffield Wednesday playing Rotherham tomorrow as well, so as long as one of them win then one of them will be closer to safety than they were before today's game.

A six point difference is nothing in the championship, even moore so when the teams below have games in hand.

Â