Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

fluky or not, fair fks to them, they won one more recently than us. but deep down every single blues fan would give up that cup win to swap places with us in a heartbeat.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I wonder how our kids would do against their 1st 11? I reckon they would give them a good game

This has actually happened. When Brian Little was manager in the 90s, we played a preseason friendly against them - our team consisting of BL, John Gregory and a bunch of kids from the youth team. They played their first team. I don't remember the score, but I seem to recall we beat them comfortably. 

EDIT: I just found the note I made at the time. We started with a mixed team of BL, some kids and some first teamers. Brought on more kids in the second half. We won (at their place) 6-0. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Man City have named a very strong side to face them, no Sterling or Aguero, but Mahrez, Bernado, De Bruyne, Foden, and Jesus all playing in attack.

We saying double figures then?

Normally a team will go three or four goals up to make sure the game is won and then ease off a bit, but if there's one team that usually keep going and try to score as many goals as possible it's Man City.

19 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

RE their fluky cup win - I think it was Brentford who had an absolutely cast iron penalty not given v them which would have sent them out and who they beat on penalties in the end. If they want to pipe up about jamminess

Nah, not interested in discrediting it they won it. It’s something they have over us, sighting the Play Off or grumbling about luck is the pettiness we expect of them.

• Like 2

Â