Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 hour ago, Greenfly said:

A quick browse of their forum confirms this is more or less right. They also speculated that our kids might actually beat their first team, and that yesterday's performance was better than any they've managed all season against superior opponents. Can't argue with facts I suppose.

They resorted to revelling in the fact that we now haven't won any silverware for 25 years, while they're still the most recent West Midlands team to win a major trophy. I have a feeling that the way things are going, this won't be true for much longer.

The fact that we recentlywon what's probably the most financially rewarding trophy in the English game has escaped them then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You just know that they sat there last night looking forward to us getting humiliated and yet again even in defeat we pissed on their chips. 

I had a quick look last night, most of them were pretty gutted at half time at how well we'd played (most were expecting double figures...like a few of us on here!) but at the end it was all 25 years without a trophy etc which is all they have to cling onto with their fluke win over Arsenal.

12-0 defeat tomorrow, administration and oblivion (or just relegation into league 1) can't come soon enough.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Let’s be fair, that is the one thing they can rightly hold over us.

Nothing worse than when they make silly claims like they are the bigger club, better supported ex so we have to hold our hands up the other way. Sadly they’ve won something more recently than us.

Sooner or later we will change that but for now they’ve got that one on us. It’s the only thing though.

I actually wonder how things would have played out if we'd beaten them  in December 2010 (given we were completely ravaged by injuries at the time). Doubt our last decade would have panned out much differently and I also doubt we'd have won the cup given how badly we played v Arsenal in the FA cup a few years later (they did play quite well in that final in fairness but still need an incredible keeper error to win it which is luck that always seems to elude us in major finals).

Anyway they lost Martins and Zigic straight after that game for season ending injuries so you suspect they'd have stayed up, McLeish would've stayed and they'd have just continually finished around 15th in the table like Sunderland would do for seasons on end. And us. Would've surely a much more competant owner remaining a prem club.

As much as their fans had their moment in the sun with the trophy and european jolly it did much worse damage in the long run and now they're just an also ran clinging to championship life each season playing terrible football....which is what they were deriding us for 5-6 years ago when we were doing that in the prem.

I think we'll win something in next 5 years. When you look at last decade we've been in two cup finals and also blew a massive chance in 2013 to win the league cup so given how bad we've been in that period we should get another chance in the near future.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Let’s be fair, that is the one thing they can rightly hold over us.

Nothing worse than when they make silly claims like they are the bigger club, better supported ex so we have to hold our hands up the other way. Sadly they’ve won something more recently than us.

Sooner or later we will change that but for now they’ve got that one on us. It’s the only thing though.

Yep, that’s one thing I won’t debate against.

The circumstances are annoying in the fact that Arsenal lubed up and bent over for them in a final but turned up absolutely ruthless when they played us in one but thems the breaks.  Their claim would have less weight if Dowd hadn’t screwed us over the year before theirs either.

This year would’ve been a good chance at an FA Cup run but again, thems the breaks.

It's annoying that we haven't won a trophy in more than twenty years, but it isn't particularly annoying that they've won one more recently than us, so have Wigan, Middlesbrough, Blackburn and Swansea.

Edited by useless

The fact they released a DVD celebrating a 2-2 draw away to Bolton which kept them up in the championship will always vindicate the difference in levels of class between us.

And to think they were banging on about us over reacting when we stayed up at West Ham. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

There's a thread on sha now started by a bloke from Leeds who is asking what winson green area is like as it looks like he is moving there.

A few posts and replies in, he mentions grealish, how he hates him and prefers sha as they're a "proper" club with proper fans ! Cue the reciprocal comments from sha who feel that leeds are also "proppa" 😂

They obviously forget 1985 riot at the sty where a 15 yr old leeds fan died.

Morons. 

Leedszzz are lovely. I know a bloke (friend of the wife when at school) that's a knuckledragger but has lived in Leeds for about 25 years.

Couple years ago he was in a pub up there and some Leeds fans heard his accent, followed him into the bog and kicked his head in.

They're made for each other.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

The fact they released a DVD celebrating a 2-2 draw away to Bolton which kept them up in the championship will always vindicate the difference in levels of class between us.

And to think they were banging on about us over reacting when we stayed up at West Ham. 

Nah, I'm not having that. This is some weird joke. Surely even they're not mad enough to do something that tinpot are they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Nah, I'm not having that. This is some weird joke. Surely even they're not mad enough to do something that tinpot are they?

Oh yes they are

Blues were just seconds from disaster. The consequences of defeat unthinkable - relegation from the Championship, just three years after winning at Wembley and playing in the Premier League. And then…

In the 93rd minute, Paul Caddis reacted quickest to score the most precious of goals that sent every on of the 3,799 Bluenose faithful at the Reebok Stadium and beyond berserk.

Bolton led through Chung-Yong Lee, but when substitute Lukas Jutkiewicz scored all looked lost. News quickly filtered through that Leicester had taken the lead against Doncaster, meaning a point would be good enough. There was still hope…but only just.

Two minutes later, Nikola Zigic headed in and Blues had 12 minutes plus stoppage time to save themselves. Wave after wave of attacks were repelled until…

Halfway through the extra six heart stopping minutes, after Federico Macheda and Zigic's were somehow thwarted, the ball dropped to Caddis. Time seem to stand still before he nodded into the unguarded net from just three yards out and the wild celebrations amongst the 3,799 diehards began, showing the whole world what it means to be a Blues fan.

Enjoy again, if you can, the whole game and the amazing scenes on the pitch, in the stands and within the dressing room afterwards.

rsz_screenshot_20210109_173522.jpg

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

There's a thread on sha now started by a bloke from Leeds who is asking what winson green area is like as it looks like he is moving there.

A few posts and replies in, he mentions grealish, how he hates him and prefers sha as they're a "proper" club with proper fans ! Cue the reciprocal comments from sha who feel that leeds are also "proppa" 😂

They obviously forget 1985 riot at the sty where a 15 yr old leeds fan died.

Morons. 

I had a look. He spouted off that tired rhetoric about him being a diver and "he'd be good if he stayed on his feet".

Then he said "I'd love him at Leeds though. Bielsa would coach the cheating out of him."

Has he not seen Bamford? Or Ayling?? Stones and glass houses, etc.

• Haha 1

This is my favourite bit

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

In the 93rd minute, Paul Caddis reacted quickest to score the most precious of goals that sent every on of the 3,799 Bluenose faithful at the Reebok Stadium and beyond berserk.

And beyond lol. 

Last time I went to the Reebok we took close to double that, only to watch a Brucie borefest. 

5 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Goodness me.

So when's the DVD of our draw with West Ham last season due out?

The only DVD that would ever have been released for that game would have been by the BCFC club shop had we lost it. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

The only DVD that would ever have been released for that game would have been by the BCFC club shop had we lost it. 

The worst part is this isn't even a joke.

Â