Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Those kind of conversations only happen amongst the gentry of the shires. 

I expect their off topic forums are mainly about Love Island and Wetherspoons. 

Actually thinking about it, their off topic forums will mainly be about BCFC I would imagine. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sorry, what is this drinking in town of which you speak? 

There is one pub called the Bull Ring Tavern I think you have to drink in there when blues are at home otherwise you are a fanny not a fan!

• Haha 3

Their forums are incredible. Apparently they are valued at £300m according to the HKSE. Also because of being owned by a shell company etc they are unable to be bought out it seems so they can't get away from the Big Dong very easily.

They are lucky there may be 3 worse teams than them this season. Not to even add in the fact the ground is basically condemned 🤣

As much as I'd like them just to go bust, I kind of enjoy their miserable existence. The pain in their eyes and the despair in their voices is a joy to behold. 

I'd be happy with lower midtable league 1 for the rest of eternity, with the occasional earthquake hitting small heath every now and then to cull the numbers. 

57 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Their forums are incredible. Apparently they are valued at £300m according to the HKSE. Also because of being owned by a shell company etc they are unable to be bought out it seems so they can't get away from the Big Dong very easily.

They are lucky there may be 3 worse teams than them this season. Not to even add in the fact the ground is basically condemned 🤣

300 million pence is too much

2 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

That would be their ‘value’ based on the total shares obviously their true value is nothing like that. 

The point re the holding company is that the holding company is listed on the Hong Kong exchange and they can’t sell Small Heath without losing this listing or having another trading company in the group. 

The reality is though nobody would buy them as they are drowning in their own debt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

That would be their ‘value’ based on the total shares obviously their true value is nothing like that. 

The point re the holding company is that the holding company is listed on the Hong Kong exchange and they can’t sell Small Heath without losing this listing or having another trading company in the group. 

The reality is though nobody would buy them as they are drowning in their own debt.

Indeed something near £100m debt?

If true that is insane

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The biggest question I have is,  from an accounting point of view.

The players we have sold them,  assets or long term liabilities ? (Scrap value?)

(so swap asset (cash) for Asset (Player))

They give us money for what should increase something on their Balance sheet but no it's all gone horribly wrong,  ,  the value of the asset is of negative value after purchase day 1,  the longer they keep it the more it costs them.  This was a surprise to small heath,  even when we did it for the 4th time.  words removed.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

What are the actual benefits of being listed on the HKSE? I've seen their fans talk about it like some sort of golden goose, but I'm still struggling to grasp any tangible advantage.

Zero to them as their club, I’d imagine it has a value to their owners though. I’m not sure if that is financial or prestige wise though.

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Indeed something near £100m debt?

If true that is insane

Accounts are due in the next couple of days so we will soon see. It was circa £90m previously. They’ve had the Bellingham money and a share issue raised some income but can’t imagine the position will have improved much if at all. Their only saving grace at the moment is they owe the money to their owners not banks.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The biggest question I have is,  from an accounting point of view.

The players we have sold them,  assets or long term liabilities ? (Scrap value?)

(so swap asset (cash) for Asset (Player))

They give us money for what should increase something on their Balance sheet but no it's all gone horribly wrong,  ,  the value of the asset is of negative value after purchase day 1,  the longer they keep it the more it costs them.  This was a surprise to small heath,  even when we did it for the 4th time.  words removed.

They are classed as depreciating assets, depreciating over the life of their contract.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

going down Villa Park every week since 1985

I tell you what, that’s proper dedication that is.  Going down Villa Park every week, even when we’re playing away from home every other week! 😄👍

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I tell you what, that’s proper dedication that is.  Going down Villa Park every week, even when we’re playing away from home every other week! 😄👍

rmx-smartass_o_1111092.jpg

• Haha 3

Back in the day the reserves played on a Saturday. It was pence to get in, free with an ST. You got first team updates on the tannoy through the game. A bonus for young lads like me was learning a few new swear words from the players! 

• Like 2

Â