Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I always remember having a couple of beers with a Villa mate and a nose who played for our team when they got spanked by Liverpool. Was it 8-0 or something?

We started feeling sorry for him and stopped taking the piss which tipped him over the edge. He exploded at us saying “I can take getting hammered, we are Blues we are shit, but I can’t take sitting here with you $€>¥’s feeling sorry for me. @&£” off!” then walked out.

It was just delightful.

There's simply no pleasing some folk eh ? 🙄

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Took Boro up (playing incredibly boring football). Was sort of doing a similar job to DS when they sacked him around February time (playing incredibly boring football).

Think Forest were about 7th when he was sacked mid season (playing coma inducing football bar that mad 5-5 game we played v them).

At this level he's a decent manager so surprised me he hasn't done the job there Rowett and Monk did.

Guess they could try to tempt Paul Cook as he's still out there and surprisingly been overlooked for a few championship jobs so far. That's probably the best alternative for them.

All those facts are true, but the additional points I would make are 1] both Boro and Forest had significantly bigger budgets than Blues; 2] I saw several of Boro's games that season in the PL and he was everything that Bruce gets slated for only much less successful at it; 3] following from that, there was much much more to be positive about us even in our darkest days last winter than there was for Boro that season; 4] He only has one style and seems to struggle to come up with alternative game plans.

I think what Rowett, Monk and Redknapp managed to do (briefly in some cases) is create that sense of 'us against the world' that poorer teams need and Blues in particular seem to thrive from. Karanka can't do that, he's too boring.

• Like 1

Oh I agree, his football is incredibly dull, no surprise he was Mourinho assistant for a year or two at Real Madrid.

I think my general point is given how bad SHA have been for years, the financial problems, stadium falling down and the awful form they had end of last season I was surprised a promotion winning manager was attracted to them. In last few years they've had Steve Cotterill and Pep Clotet so I expected that standard of manager e.g. uselsss in the championship to continue and hopefully that will be their next act in a few weeks.

Actually get the feeling Steve Bruce will end up back there in a few years.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Bradley Dack scored the second. Wasn't he touted as the next big thing or did he get all Billy Big B*ll*cks and thought he was better than he actually was ?

He's a player who I always wondered if he could make the step up. Had a bad injury I think

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Oh I agree, his football is incredibly dull, no surprise he was Mourinho assistant for a year or two at Real Madrid.

I think my general point is given how bad SHA have been for years, the financial problems, stadium falling down and the awful form they had end of last season I was surprised a promotion winning manager was attracted to them. In last few years they've had Steve Cotterill and Pep Clotet so I expected that standard of manager e.g. uselsss in the championship to continue and hopefully that will be their next act in a few weeks.

Actually get the feeling Steve Bruce will end up back there in a few years.

I thought that but I don’t think they would take him after he came to us. I could see him taking it if offered though and coming out with all sorts to play to the gallery and wind us up.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I thought that but I don’t think they would take him after he came to us. I could see him taking it if offered though and coming out with all sorts to play to the gallery and wind us up.

Sure he already has the ready made excuses if he fails

45 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I can just imagine how they smirked last night, drooling down their stained wife-beater vests, as we were cheated at manYure yet again.

Nice bit of karma I say (and the Felchers three points above them as well)

Oh they did. They absolutely loved the fact we lost with a dodgy decision. 

28 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Their homeless lodgers are now above them. Hilarious.

I really hope they finish above them and could send them into the relegation zone when they play in a few weeks time. 

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

What's worse, going toe to toe with one of the top teams in the PL and losing due to a dodgy penalty, or getting battered by Blackburn Rovers while your lodgers go above you in the league?

We all know what's worse, but the knuckle draggers put a Villa loss above how their own crappy bunch gets on. They don't even care that we play in a palace and they play in a scrapyard. It's all SOTV & KRO to them. It's a brotherhood that us normal types will never understand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Took Boro up (playing incredibly boring football). Was sort of doing a similar job to DS when they sacked him around February time (playing incredibly boring football).

Think Forest were about 7th when he was sacked mid season (playing coma inducing football bar that mad 5-5 game we played v them).

At this level he's a decent manager so surprised me he hasn't done the job there Rowett and Monk did.

Guess they could try to tempt Paul Cook as he's still out there and surprisingly been overlooked for a few championship jobs so far. That's probably the best alternative for them.

Pretty sure Cook will go to Sheff Wed.

Â