Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I like the part where they moan about all of our games being on TV this season... :D 

Bet they watch them all though! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Bet they watch them all though! 

Religiously and talk about them afterwards, Some of them are more clued up on the Villa than a lot of Villa supporters. I really couldn’t name more than two or three of their players and one of them had left to go to Dortmund and the other two are our rejects

• Like 1

Seems like they're getting a new majority shareholder, some Chinese born Cambodian paying £5m for a 25% stake, he will also be entitled to £20m of the £120m debt that they owe to their parent company, so technically he could be buying his stake just to call that in, as happened with Wigan, I doubt that, but not sure if this new owner will help them much as seems like he's connected to those already running the club and already had shares in their parent company.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

Seems like they're getting a new majority shareholder, some Chinese born Cambodian paying £5m for a 25% stake, he will also be entitled to £20m of the £120m debt that they owe to their parent company, so technically he could be buying his stake just to call that in, as happened with Wigan, I doubt that, but not sure if this new owner will help them much as seems like he's connected to those already running the club and already had shares in their parent company.

So the whole clubs only worth £25 million? 😂

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Seems like they're getting a new majority shareholder, some Chinese born Cambodian

He doesn't care about his investment; he just wants to be able to "drink in town" 😂

• Haha 1

So Birmingham City are worth less than Ollie Watkins. Just savour that one for a moment folks....

That £110m debt to the parent company is staggering, the grounds already gone against that.

This latest move is another one to keep them afloat but they are rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

Without the windfall of PL those debts just aren’t serviceable and sooner or later they will take them under.

Huge huge season for them, they need to get up this season in my opinion.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So Birmingham City are worth less than Ollie Watkins. Just savour that one for a moment folks....

That £110m debt to the parent company is staggering, the grounds already gone against that.

This latest move is another one to keep them afloat but they are rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

Without the windfall of PL those debts just aren’t serviceable and sooner or later they will take them under.

Huge huge season for them, they need to get up this season in my opinion.

spacer.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

How did they manage to sell a 25% stake for £5m when they have £120m of debt, the ground mortgaged and no players of any significant value?

Sorry I calculated wrong 25% at 5 means the whole shebang is worth 20 million. That means debt at 120 mil is like 5-600% of value lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Sorry I calculated wrong 25% at 5 means the whole shebang is worth 20 million. That means debt at 120 mil is like 5-600% of value lol

I wasn’t criticising your numbers, I was just surprise SHA managed to take £5m from someone for a club in such a mess.

It all sounds super dodgy tbh, which is great news. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I wasn’t criticising your numbers, I was just surprise SHA managed to take £5m from someone for a club in such a mess.

It all sounds super dodgy tbh, which is great news. 

Because it’s been sold at a false value, it’s effectively a cash injection. 

Cash injections and selling future transfer revenue... all sounds like the end of the Xia era doesn’t it....

6 hours ago, mottaloo said:

He doesn't care about his investment; he just wants to be able to "drink in town" 😂

We let Vile drink in the Cabin/Windsor  sometimes but other than that they are not allowed to drink in town coz they ain’t proppa Brummies

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Because it’s been sold at a false value, it’s effectively a cash injection. 

Cash injections and selling future transfer revenue... all sounds like the end of the Xia era doesn’t it....

🤞🤞

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

We let Vile drink in the Cabin/Windsor  sometimes but other than that they are not allowed to drink in town coz they ain’t proppa Brummies

Also Vile have never been to Digbeth (or the dangerzone as sum of the cretins call it 🤣)

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Semi-off topic (sorry mods), but the wife and I have a plan to visit Brum and VP for my 30th birthday in three years’ time. Are there pubs I should avoid because of Small Heath fans/is the drinking in town thing real?

Would rather have a beer around other Villa fans than the scum.

16 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

This has been a BS line from them for 30 odd years.  It's probably just 1 sad small heath on his own now drinking alone.

The 90s and 00's were rave time anyway.  They are still in the 70's boasting about drinking.  words removed.

16 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Semi-off topic (sorry mods), but the wife and I have a plan to visit Brum and VP for my 30th birthday in three years’ time. Are there pubs I should avoid because of Small Heath fans/is the drinking in town thing real?

Would rather have a beer around other Villa fans than the scum.

Don't take this as the final word on this, because I don't go out in the city centre more than once every month or two, but I think you'd be incredibly unlucky for it to be an issue, except if somehow we were actually playing them on the day you were here. You wouldn't be likely to go drinking anywhere near their actual ground, not just because it's theirs, but because the area has nothing to recommend it (apart from VP, neither does Witton to be fair). I don't think I've ever seen anyone hassled in a normal city centre pub for supporting whoever.

EDIT: I guess the point I'm trying to make is, it's not really a 'real thing' (except on days when we actually play them), it's just something they tell each other on their forum to console each other about supporting the city's weakest team.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

Â