Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Is it me or does their kit look like it’s been found in a previously locked cupboard at Ipswich Town’s training ground? its horrible. 

spacer.png

I like how imaginative and unique it is, and under no circumstances could it possibly be confused with strips from other clubs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was thinking about why they seem to be doing better this season, and came to much the same conclusion - they're the one team in the league who are completely familiar with playing in front of a spookily empty stadium. Every game is a home game for them now.

They’ve won 2 out of the last 8 games in all competitions/friendlies, scoring 6 goals. 4 of the games they didn’t score at all.

I don’t think they’re doing all that well tbh.

I’m optimistic they’ve got another relegation battle on their hands.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

They’ve won 2 out of the last 8 games in all competitions/friendlies, scoring 6 goals. 4 of the games they didn’t score at all.

. . .

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Don’t think they will be in relegation fight with their manager, it’s just a question on how long he lasts...

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I was thinking about why they seem to be doing better this season, and came to much the same conclusion - they're the one team in the league who are completely familiar with playing in front of a spookily empty stadium. Every game is a home game for them now.

Genuine question, haven’t been to Brum (yet, plans are in the works). Do they seriously struggle for attendance or is this just a Villa fan joke?

I know that Villa dominate the city, but surely a championship club who have had a couple cups of tea in the Prem have some sort of (stupid) following?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Genuine question, haven’t been to Brum (yet, plans are in the works). Do they seriously struggle for attendance or is this just a Villa fan joke?

I know that Villa dominate the city, but surely a championship club who have had a couple cups of tea in the Prem have some sort of (stupid) following?

They generally only get about 50% capacity. The stadium holds 29000-ish and their average attendance last season before lockdown was around 15k. (After a quick Google)

They have a decent number of fans but they tend to only come out the woodwork for Villa games! 

Edited by villan-scott

48 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

They generally only get about 50% capacity. The stadium holds 29000-ish and their average attendance last season before lockdown was around 15k. (After a quick Google)

They have a decent number of fans but they tend to only come out the woodwork for Villa games! 

I genuinely think most of them aren't even football fans. It's just an excuse for them to get tribal about something.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

No, they really do struggle for attendance. They are almost never anywhere close to full. It is actually weird how empty they are; there are plenty of other clubs in the division who have been shit for roughly as long that still get better attendances. 

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Even forest and derby have more fans than them

7 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I genuinely think most of them aren't even football fans. It's just an excuse for them to get tribal about something.

They've moved on to being peaky blinders now. 

Gives them identity I suppose. 

23 hours ago, Genie said:

Sadly, not a chance IMO.  They've only conceded one goal in the league - having played two of the promotion favourites, too - and that was a penalty.

They'll be absolutely fine and have a realistic hope of making the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Even forest and derby have more fans than them

Derby, Nottingham Forest, Leeds (in the championship), Middlesborough, etc are all the one big team in their city. 

Whereas SHA are a small team in the West Midlands which have 3 bigger teams surrounding them - Villa, Wolves and West Brom.  

Plus they have generally been shit for their whole existence, so who would start supporting them?  Only if they were forced to by their parents. 

I would suggest that's the main reasons why they don't actually have many fans.  

10 hours ago, Greenfly said:

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2916921,page=10

I've had a lovely time reading their Villa thread from this point on this evening.

Its amazing how many of them actually have us credit.   Although what's more amazing is they were able to type when their fingers are usually buried in their sisters.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Its amazing how many of them actually have us credit.   Although what's more amazing is they were able to type when their fingers are usually buried in their sisters.

I hopped over to sha s(h)ite after the game and boy they were REALLY struggling not to give us credit. A few did and the odd one or two snapped back which lead to a bit of in house squabbling. One nose made me laugh by bleating that 3 of our goals were deflected and Liverpool should've had a pen at 1-0 "which wouldve changed the game...." - desperate straw clutching if ever i read it !

At least "Greasy" was largely left alone by the bitter blosers last night 😆

10 hours ago, Greenfly said:

https://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,2916921,page=10

I've had a lovely time reading their Villa thread from this point on this evening.

without reading i'm guessing theres about 100 posts about how 'spawny' and 'jammy' we are and how we shouldn't even be in the league due to the failed hawkeye?

• Like 1

Â