Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

The EFL placed the club under a "soft transfer embargo". Blues failed FFP, but the reason they may get a more severe punishment is because they stuck 2 fingers up at the embargo and signed a player.

The EFL will HAVE to make an example of them, otherwise FFP will be seen as a nonsense. 

Meanwhile Purslow confirmed yesterday we will work within FFP.

19 hours ago, pas5898 said:

The EFL placed the club under a "soft transfer embargo". Blues failed FFP, but the reason they may get a more severe punishment is because they stuck 2 fingers up at the embargo and signed a player.

The EFL will HAVE to make an example of them, otherwise FFP will be seen as a nonsense. 

Meanwhile Purslow confirmed yesterday we will work within FFP.

You would like to think so but I just see a heavy fine no points taken off which for me would be a disgrace and then other sides will have as point as whats the point of having ffp if you have  a tiny club like blose saying stuff the rules we do what we want.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You would like to think so but I just see a heavy fine no points taken off which for me would be a disgrace and then other sides will have as point as whats the point of having ffp if you have  a tiny club like blose saying stuff the rules we do what we want.

Fining a club without a pot to piss in seems pointless.  Funnily enough a 15 point deduction would leave them pointless too well minis points to be precise!

It has to be a points deduction of some sort but probably suspended to if you do it again you get the deduction.

The rest of the league is waiting to see how much they can get away with should the punishment not fit the crime.

Just now, S-Platt said:

Fining a club without a pot to piss in seems pointless.  Funnily enough a 15 point deduction would leave them pointless too well minis points to be precise!

It has to be a points deduction of some sort but probably suspended to if you do it again you get the deduction.

The rest of the league is waiting to see how much they can get away with should the punishment not fit the crime.

I hear what your saying but having a 'suspended point deduction' is even more pointless. Teams will be like ok i spend what i want risk get in trouble but if we go up the point deduction wont matter as we would have gone up.

It should be a points deduction straight up in my view

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I hear what your saying but having a 'suspended point deduction' is even more pointless. Teams will be like ok i spend what i want risk get in trouble but if we go up the point deduction wont matter as we would have gone up.

It should be a points deduction straight up in my view

I agree let's just see if The Football League has the minerals!

I have a feeling they don't hence why it's gone quiet and when they do act it will be something ridiculous like I said.

They have a chance to draw a line in the sand here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I agree let's just see if The Football League has the minerals!

I have a feeling they don't hence why it's gone quiet and when they do act it will be something ridiculous like I said.

They have a chance to draw a line in the sand here.

Yep I'm not expecting anything to happen. Then the whole ffp comes a complete laughing stock.

If blose get away with it I will have no fears about us getting in trouble.

On 17/10/2018 at 08:49, Demitri_C said:

Yep I'm not expecting anything to happen. Then the whole ffp comes a complete laughing stock.

If blose get away with it I will have no fears about us getting in trouble.

Me either. The sanction that might make sense is a huge fine which would lead to one of two options, 1. the rich owner could just pay it which is fair enough. If he's rich enough to pay the big fine then the club is not going to go bust. 2. the owner can't afford the fine which puts the club into administration, a points deduction is implemented and the club's debt's are sorted out.  

Given that the SHA's owners don't have any money, unlike our owners, they would end up in option 2. Lovely Jubbely. 

Edited by villa89

On 18/10/2018 at 10:17, villa89 said:

Given that the SHA's owners don't have any money, unlike our owners, they would end up in option 2. Lovely Jubbely. 

Their owners do have money though? Infact I remember reading on BM that their owners are infact extremely wealthy. 

1 hour ago, fifamad said:

Their owners do have money though? Infact I remember reading on BM that their owners are infact extremely wealthy. 

You would defend them to the death. Not that i am suspicious ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

You would defend them to the death. Not that i am suspicious ?

It's not a defence. They are either rich, or they aren't (to be clear, I don't know which it is). It's empirically measurable, so it's not a defence. 

• Thanks 1

Whisper it quietly (or I may have stolen fifamad's login) but their level this season hasn't been far off top 6....8 unbeaten for them anyway and upcoming home games v Reading and Hull....

Don't quite think they'll be in a relegation battle this season somehow.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Whisper it quietly (or I may have stolen fifamad's login) but their level this season hasn't been far off top 6....8 unbeaten for them anyway and upcoming home games v Reading and Hull....

Don't quite think they'll be in a relegation battle this season somehow.

Credit where it's due Gary Monk is doing an amazing job polishing a turd.  The squad will bite them in the ass when suspensions and injuries come though.

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Monks one of the best managers in this league. So wasted at the sty

His record as a manager is of a man who starts well enough, gets a decent run of results together, but ultimately falls away and then jumps ship.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meregreen said:

His record as a manager is of a man who starts well enough, gets a decent run of results together, but ultimately falls away and then jumps ship.

The squad he has is poor, and he ha shad absolutely zero money to spend. I hate to say it but blose have  a very good manager

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The squad he has is poor, and he ha shad absolutely zero money to spend. I hate to say it but blose have  a very good manager

My point still stands. He can get good results early doors, but ultimately he bottles it and quits. 

Jutkiewicz is currently one of if not the best player in the league (based on meaningless statistics) but still...anyone who can get him playing is alright by me.

Monk is a decent manager, he gets teams organised and better than the sum of their parts. Which is what a manager should always do.

• Like 1

Â