Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

On 03/03/2018 at 20:01, VillaChris said:

Not this again.Five then?

There's no way 45 points keeps you up and remember in any case SHA have worst GD aside from Burton.

<fixture predictions>

FInal two games are Burton away and Forest home which looks pretty comfortable to me. 4 points there for them surely so I'll give them another 13 points.

That's why I think they need 6 wins as can see Barnsley, Hull and Bolton all ending up in the 45-48 point range.

In SHA's position they can't exactly draw their way to safety, they need to go out and actually win games.

If we saw Burton and Sunderland going down who do you think is the third relegated team then Bobzy?

On 03/03/2018 at 20:21, bobzy said:

Your results are incredibly favourable to really, very average teams.  Let’s take Barnsley for example. They are heading to Forest, Ipswich, Leeds and playing Brentford at home... and are going to not only be unbeaten over those fixtures, but are going to take 8 points? Bear in mind three of those games are away and, in the reverse fixtures, they only took 4 points.

At the moment, going from the bottom of the league, you have to make it up to 17th (Sheff Wed) before you meet a team who has more points than games played. Yet, you’re thinking to be safe in the league, the team lying 21st will need to have 2 more points than games played? That’s a remarkable turnaround of form for a LOT of teams. It isn’t happening.

It’s tough to call on points, but if Blues manage to win 4 games, I’d fancy them to stay up. Originally I said you’d need 47 points to stay up - I think it may turn out to be 44. 

Edit: oh, and probably Barnsley. Between them, Bolton and Blues. 

They obviously aren't safe just yet, but in the true spirit of our prediction battle, @VillaChris (I'm sure you won't let me forget about Bournemouth)...

:detect:  ;) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

They obviously aren't safe just yet, but in the true spirit of our prediction battle, @VillaChris (I'm sure you won't let me forget about Bournemouth)...

:detect:  ;) 

Well Hull got there....:ph34r:

TBF Bolton were on quite a good run when they beat us in mid March so thought they'd comfortably get to 45-46 points. They still might with Burton and Forest being their last two but badly out of form.

Barnsley have flopped massively. I thought getting in that guy who used to assist Mourinho and McBurnie scoring a fair few would be enough to get them over the line but they are terrible defensively.

After they won 2-o at SHA on Feb 24th they were a point above SHA with a game in hand and three home games in hand. They didn't win any of them. They certainly had the fixtures to get up to that points range but couldn't do it.

Bar Burton SHA have won pretty much all their six pointers since Monk came in, again something I couldn't see them doing in late February as obviously Wurzel was still there.

Technically though they have won 4 of their last last 8 and still aren't quite safe....;)

30 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Can’t see anything happening with that, also tbh that’s pathetic from Middlesbrough 

They had a specific clause in their contract preventing them from all working together with Monk until the end of the year.

It doesn't sound unreasonable to take someone to court after they violate such a specific term of a contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

They had a specific clause in their contract preventing them from all working together with Monk until the end of the year.

It doesn't sound unreasonable to take someone to court after they violate such a specific term of a contract.

Oh dear more of their transfer budgets gone bye bye

So the points they're getting now* which will likely save them from relegation, are being won under a management team that should not be working together again until December 28th.  Well that's not **** annoying at all is it?

I hope they're taken to the cleaners.  It's in black and white the improvements they've made under DCI Garry Monk.

* 13pts in 9 games under Monk. 1.44 points per game and 9th in the league table over that period, and way way above what they had been achieving up to that point at 0.86 points per game.

:rant::rant:

Have small heath done anything wrong? I don’t think so, they employed people legally (assuming they didn’t know about this clause when they hired them).  Sounds like it’s the staff themselves that might be breaching the terms of their old contract with Middlesbrough.

Wouldn't the staff have had to inform SHA when approached they were all technically on gardening leave? If they all kept it quiet that's obviously a breach of their serverance from Boro so could be an interesting one.

I'm more surprised Boro didn't put something in Monk's preventing him from managing another club this season. Guess he refused and wanted a quick return.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Have small heath done anything wrong? I don’t think so, they employed people legally (assuming they didn’t know about this clause when they hired them).  Sounds like it’s the staff themselves that might be breaching the terms of their old contract with Middlesbrough.

Yeah they are wrong, dont read the contracts they have and staff should explain situation

22 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

QPR are winning, they're deep in the shit again!

They have to lose the last game AND 2 of the 3 teams below them to win on the last day. Unlikely but possible.

Edited by Genie

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

They have to lose the last game AND 2 of the 3 teams below them to win on the last day. Unlikely but possible.

They have benefited from some last day escape acts over the years, could they fall victim to it this year. It would be comedy gold if it did happen!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

They have benefited from some last day escape acts over the years, could they fall victim to it this year. It would be comedy gold if it did happen!

It would be awesome but I think the jammy words removed will scrape it again, after being bumraped by Fulham

Â