Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

If that were true, I don’t know if it is or it isn’t, then I’d have thought the owners would have let that disloyalty be known. It would have relieved a lot of the stick they have taken for getting rid of him.

But it is possible Fulham were the second stalking horse club he tried to use. 

If that was the case, being such shrewd and wise businessmen, wouldn't it have been better to negotiate for a compromise instead of sacking him?

Regardless, I am sure Mr Rowett is much happier now.

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Apparently Rowett was courting other clubs and the Blues board thought “**** that” so sacked him. Apparently. 

More than 1 way to manage a situation especially when he’s clearly got them punching above their weight (give him more money if that is what he was angling for).

1 hour ago, AJ said:

If that was the case, being such shrewd and wise businessmen, wouldn't it have been better to negotiate for a compromise instead of sacking him?

Regardless, I am sure Mr Rowett is much happier now.

Why would Rowett agree a compromise?

I think fat pieboy will be given job when cotterill is sacked. Then they will look for another quick fix miracle like candleface until end of season.

Doea anyone know how longvthey signed cotterill for? I hope its  3-4 year deal the compensation would be huge.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think cotterill will be an utter disaster of an appointment, he won’t last the rest of the season I’m sure.

Who is going to want to be their 3rd manager of the season? 

Craig Gardner/Paul Robinson dream team

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why would Rowett agree a compromise?

He probably wouldn't, it would depend on what exactly he wanted. More money? More control and say? The moon on a stick? I don't know. If it was something reasonable, then they should have just given it. If it was a bit outlandish, then it would have been a good idea to parlay and meet halfway.

This is all speculation if this was true of course.

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think fat pieboy will be given job when cotterill is sacked. Then they will look for another quick fix miracle like candleface until end of season.

Doea anyone know how longvthey signed cotterill for? I hope its  3-4 year deal the compensation would be huge.

Who is "fat pieboy"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

He probably wouldn't, it would depend on what exactly he wanted. More money? More control and say? The moon on a stick? I don't know. If it was something reasonable, then they should have just given it. If it was a bit outlandish, then it would have been a good idea to parlay and meet halfway.

This is all speculation if this was true of course.

Sorry, thought you meant compromise agreement to get rid of him rather than fire him. My bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

At a guess Fat Sam.

Can’t see him touching that job though.

I thought he meant Paul "Faux hardman" Robinson

One thing Blues had going for them was their academy. They have been doing well of late and have some really good talent and coaches. The coaches were all **** off when Redknapp was appointed because it changed everything and no one liked him or his lack of tactics/strategy. With Rowett they were trying to play the same way throughout all of their teams and everyone loved him. A lot of their youth players are looking elsewhere now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

One thing Blues had going for them was their academy. They have been doing well of late and have some really good talent and coaches. The coaches were all **** off when Redknapp was appointed because it changed everything and no one liked him or his lack of tactics/strategy. With Rowett they were trying to play the same way throughout all of their teams and everyone loved him. A lot of their youth players are looking elsewhere now.

It really was a staggering own goal on so many levels, even for them.  Rowett was someone I looked at and thought 'them buggers have a bloody good one there'.  A Villa fan couldn't have done a better job of f**king them up. 

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

That's mad to read considering Redknapp was only ever going to be a short term fix for them.

Never thought I'd say this but they were probably better run under Carson Yeung until the money ran out.

Â