• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Ryan.

Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

14,449 posts in this topic

leighavfc    116
58 minutes ago, KSV said:

Feel like hes building a decent side there now.. Stockdale Ndoye Downing Elphick Roberts.. Rather Downing than Elmo.. This may be the most competitive we have seen Birmingham in a while .

Think Roberts and N'Doye are good signings , the rest im not bothered about tbh. Dont think they would get in our team. But agreed they wont be a complete shower of shiite like they were last season....just a slightly better shower of shiite!!

Goals will be there problem, the names they have been linked with doesnt worry me either. i think they are all getting far to carried away with 'Arry' band wagon imo.

Put it this way, we have no excuses to finish below them with our squad..

BOF    17,398
1 hour ago, KSV said:

Feel like hes building a decent side there now.. Stockdale Ndoye Downing Elphick Roberts.. Rather Downing than Elmo.. This may be the most competitive we have seen Birmingham in a while .

I think they'll have a good season by their own expectations.  'arry does what he does.  He'll overspend and they'll do well in the short term.  I don't think "doing well" will translate into anything like promotion form, but they'll probably be an annoyance to us in the derbies and they'll be comfortably midtable and might even go somewhere like 8th if he can get them really clicking.  If we can sort ourselves out then they'll be nowhere near us when all's said and done.

Demitri_C    4,556
23 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think they'll have a good season by their own expectations.  'arry does what he does.  He'll overspend and they'll do well in the short term.  I don't think "doing well" will translate into anything like promotion form, but they'll probably be an annoyance to us in the derbies and they'll be comfortably midtable and might even go somewhere like 8th if he can get them really clicking.  If we can sort ourselves out then they'll be nowhere near us when all's said and done.

Yeah i would agree with that. They will probably beat us at the sty esp if on sky. You cant rule out a play off spot push for them. they also have a very easy start so they will have momentum to start with

but bruce has absolutely no excuse for not finishing above them 

BOF    17,398
1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i would agree with that. They will probably beat us at the sty esp if on sky. You cant rule out a play off spot push for them. they also have a very easy start so they will have momentum to start with

but bruce has absolutely no excuse for not finishing above them 

I don't think they'll 'probably' beat us.  They might do if they're really lucky and we're total shit.  But 'probably' makes it more than likely, which it isn't in my mind.  And if they make the playoffs then everyone else up there needs to do some soul searching because that shower shouldn't be top 6.

Demitri_C    4,556
26 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think they'll 'probably' beat us.  They might do if they're really lucky and we're total shit.  But 'probably' makes it more than likely, which it isn't in my mind.  And if they make the playoffs then everyone else up there needs to do some soul searching because that shower shouldn't be top 6.

But sometimes doenst work like that ie Huddesfield Town. On paper their side is no better than ours but were much better than us.  

TrentVilla    15,152

Well Dem your Small Heath predictions were bang on the money last season ;)

I don't care where we finish compared to them as long as we achieve our objective.

BOF    17,398
6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But sometimes doenst work like that ie Huddesfield Town. On paper their side is no better than ours but were much better than us.  

You seem to think the bad teams will do well and our good team will do bady with no reason other than pessimism though.  Your predictions consistently downplay our chances and massively play up the chances of sides who would be doing well to achieve much.

You've also gone from thinking pre-season games mean nothing to hoping we don't continue how ours have started despite us missing our 5 best players from last season.  Pessimism without reason.

Demitri_C    4,556
47 minutes ago, BOF said:

You seem to think the bad teams will do well and our good team will do bady with no reason other than pessimism though.  Your predictions consistently downplay our chances and massively play up the chances of sides who would be doing well to achieve much.

You've also gone from thinking pre-season games mean nothing to hoping we don't continue how ours have started despite us missing our 5 best players from last season.  Pessimism without reason.

I am only basing this on what I saw last year. We struggled for goals without Kodjia, these less talented teams seem to be able to score goals. We have a decent defence but our creativity is really really poor. If we continue like we have in pre season we won't be going up. like the man below said Bruces tactics seem to consist of clean sheet and winning 1-0. You need more than that to go up I feel

52 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well Dem your Small Heath predictions were bang on the money last season ;)

I don't care where we finish compared to them as long as we achieve our objective.

They probably  would have finished above us if they didn't stupidly sack Rowett. What a masterstroke decision that was from blose :crylaugh:

BOF    17,398
3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am only basing this on what I saw last year. We struggled for goals without Kodjia, these less talented teams seem to be able to score goals. We have a decent defence but our creativity is really really poor. If we continue like we have in pre season we won't be going up. like the man below said Bruces tactics seem to consist of clean sheet and winning 1-0. You need more than that to go up I feel

You're basing us on last year but you're basing them on something that hasn't happened yet.  Double standards.  We've signed players and they've signed players.  I think you worry a little, but that means you worry we'll do badly while simultaneously worrying everyone else will do well.  But you apply different standards to arrive at both conclusions.

Anyway, I've talked enough about that shower of shit for one day :)

• Haha 1