Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But sometimes doenst work like that ie Huddesfield Town. On paper their side is no better than ours but were much better than us.  

You seem to think the bad teams will do well and our good team will do bady with no reason other than pessimism though.  Your predictions consistently downplay our chances and massively play up the chances of sides who would be doing well to achieve much.

You've also gone from thinking pre-season games mean nothing to hoping we don't continue how ours have started despite us missing our 5 best players from last season.  Pessimism without reason.

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

You seem to think the bad teams will do well and our good team will do bady with no reason other than pessimism though.  Your predictions consistently downplay our chances and massively play up the chances of sides who would be doing well to achieve much.

You've also gone from thinking pre-season games mean nothing to hoping we don't continue how ours have started despite us missing our 5 best players from last season.  Pessimism without reason.

I am only basing this on what I saw last year. We struggled for goals without Kodjia, these less talented teams seem to be able to score goals. We have a decent defence but our creativity is really really poor. If we continue like we have in pre season we won't be going up. like the man below said Bruces tactics seem to consist of clean sheet and winning 1-0. You need more than that to go up I feel

52 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well Dem your Small Heath predictions were bang on the money last season ;)

I don't care where we finish compared to them as long as we achieve our objective.

They probably  would have finished above us if they didn't stupidly sack Rowett. What a masterstroke decision that was from blose :crylaugh:

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am only basing this on what I saw last year. We struggled for goals without Kodjia, these less talented teams seem to be able to score goals. We have a decent defence but our creativity is really really poor. If we continue like we have in pre season we won't be going up. like the man below said Bruces tactics seem to consist of clean sheet and winning 1-0. You need more than that to go up I feel

You're basing us on last year but you're basing them on something that hasn't happened yet.  Double standards.  We've signed players and they've signed players.  I think you worry a little, but that means you worry we'll do badly while simultaneously worrying everyone else will do well.  But you apply different standards to arrive at both conclusions.

Anyway, I've talked enough about that shower of shit for one day :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

It's Villa, that's a good enough reason :D

We're at the point now where we should expect the worst I think. I'm absolutely tired of being disappointed by Villa. On paper we should be up there no question, but I'm not expecting us to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's Villa, that's a good enough reason :D

We're at the point now where we should expect the worst I think. I'm absolutely tired of being disappointed by Villa. On paper we should be up there no question, but I'm not expecting us to be.

indeed, the club that never fails on battering hopes into a pool of pulp. it's damn near sadistic!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KSV said:

Feel like hes building a decent side there now.. Stockdale Ndoye Downing Elphick Roberts.. Rather Downing than Elmo.. This may be the most competitive we have seen Birmingham in a while .

They've been competitive for 30 of the last 36 months at this level.

Remember they were above us as late as Mid December and then plummeted down the league with Zola.

13 hours ago, KSV said:

Feel like hes building a decent side there now.. Stockdale Ndoye Downing Elphick Roberts.. Rather Downing than Elmo.. This may be the most competitive we have seen Birmingham in a while .

I am not so sure. Ndoye is 31 and has spent his whole career playing for clubs most of us will never have heard of, Elphick was a liability for us, Roberts looked no more than decent at Barnsley and Downings home town club have deemed him not good enough for their promotion challenge.

It is debatable whether they have even improved their first 11. Possibly Stockdale is an improvement on Kuszczak and Roberts may be an upgrade.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

It will be more a difference in mentality I think.

Under Zola they just didn't buy into his methods for whatever reason, went a few games without a win and it just snowballed from there.

Whereas it was the opposite with Rowett, came in when they were really struggling, they quickly understood what he wanted to achieve and the results followed.

End of last season they looked like they had nothing and suddenly sprung into life and won their last two games without conceding a goal.

They'll be top half but little chance of play offs unless they sign a good striker.

Its promotion or bust for candleface i feel hence all these stop gap signings. Downing, cole, and keane all good players at their prime but now god knows how good the latter  are.

Downing however is poor. Slow as a snail his crossing has dived how can he play as a winger? Im guessing candleface will play him as left back

Edited by Demitri_C

as a club they are ****. Even if Arry takes them up he will then spend the money on more shit. I would say more chance ending like Pompey and in financial shit than getting promoted. Still hasnt signed Kranjcar yet sadly

• 2 weeks later...

didnt take long for old candleface to start moaning did it. It sound slike a dig to his bosses

Harry Redknapp voices his transfer window concerns about his Birmingham City squad

Redknapp was talking after BCFC's final friendly of pre-season, a 2-0 home defeat to Swansea City

Harry Redknapp on Birmingham City trialists Simeon Slavchev and Eddie AfonsoBirmingham City trialists Simeon Slavchev and Eddie Afonso: Read their scouting reports

Birmingham City transfer news and rumours: Stewart Downing latest; Harry Redknapp rates the Settee

Harry Redknapp has voiced his concerns over the lack of depth in key positions in his Birmingham City squad.

Speaking after this afternoon's 2-0 home defeat by Swansea the Blues boss insisted he has been doing everything he can to strengthen his squad.

However, with doubts about Ryan Shotton's future - and a precautionary substitution of Lukas Jutkiewicz who had a tight calf - Redknapp knows he needs more bodies as soon as possible.

"I have got one other striker - Clayton comes on, if I had got another injury who is going to play up front? I have not go anybody," Redknapp said.

"It's a big worry. Middlesbrough have got five or six top strikers. You need four strikers at a football club to give yourself a chance.

"You get injuries and suspensions - we have got two centre halves if Shotton's not here. You need four centre halves if you are going to be successful.

"I am not frustrated I am just desperate to do well. I need the tools to do that. If I get the tools I will do well, if I don't it is going to be difficult."

And he is adamant work is going on behind the scenes as Blues are linked with a host of players.

Harry Redknapp on why Ryan Shotton was missing

"We need to improve the squad if we can this week.

"We have been trying but it is very difficult to get players in we are chasing.

"Hopefully we will get there, it's not through lack of effort that's for sure.

"I want to put a good team out for Birmingham this year. I have not come here just to sit around and waste my time.

Here's how the players rated against Swansea

"I want to bring the people a good team and if I can't do that I am not going to enjoy myself.

"I can only do that by improving the playing squad. That's what we are looking to do.

"It's just difficult to get them over the line. I am still hopeful I will get a few in and if I get good players in we will have a big chance."

Gone by Xmas if they dont start well?

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

didnt take long for old candleface to start moaning did it. It sound slike a dig to his bosses

Gone by Xmas if they dont start well?

It must be his master plan

1) keep them up, receive bonus, sign new contract. 

2) Walk away but ensure contract paid up/compensation paid out.

back to retirement with a couple of million in the bank for 6 months work.

Club goes bankrupt off the back of his reckless spending.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It must be his master plan

1) keep them up, receive bonus, sign new contract. 

2) Walk away but ensure contract paid up/compensation paid out.

back to retirement with a couple of million in the bank for 6 months work.

Club goes bankrupt off the back of his reckless spending.

God I hope so, be excellent.  

Â