Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think anything less than top 6 will be deemed a failure as with us 

Depends if you have been brainwashed by Arrys pals in the meeja who will have you believe he is the greatest manager ever, despite having more relegations than promotions on he's CV and financially ruining football clubs.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Because of 'Arry or....?

I mean, they were terrible last season.

When you look at it SHA's par for the championship in recent times is 10th so finishing below that would be a failure.

Finished two years in that position under Rowett and were just above that when he got sacked and then the hilarious spell of Zola nearly dragged them down the gutter.

They'll be nowhere near relegation zone this season but they need a decent striker to have any hope of top 6 so interested what they come up with for that position.

Classic Redknapp.

He'll do ok. He'll jump ship as soon as the ship starts to turn. The club will be left with an unmanageable wage bill and 'Arry's mates in the papers will bum him into the sunset.

Really what is it with these lot.... They reckon were going to give them Elphick for pratically nothing..... i mean REALLY? Have they all of a sudden forgot we are arch enemies?

We paid 3 million just one year ago... oh here you are 'Arry' heres one Tommy Elphick free of charge as requested.... 

I hope we quote them 10 million + add ons as starting price...

Right decision to sell but i hate selling to them... you know he will come good over there. I know we have to sell a few to balance the books so to speak but F**k selling anyone to them lot unless we are getting the better deal.

Edited by leighavfc

15 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

Right decision to sell but i hate selling to them... you know he will come good over there. I know we have to sell a few to balance the books so to speak but F**k selling anyone to them lot unless we are getting the better deal.

One thing I noticed with Elphick he was absolutely hopeless at defending but he was very good at getting at the end of crosses/corners but would always miss. Whats the odds that changes at the blosers and he starts finding the net

• Like 1

I posted this in the Tommy Elphick thread last week

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/15111-tommy-elphick/?page=45

''if it was down to me i would not sell that rabble the pigeon shit from the rafters of the Trinity Road stand let alone any of our players...regardless''

and i still stand by it....i would not do any deal with them unless it was one that put them out of business.....vermin 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

I posted this in the Tommy Elphick thread last week

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/15111-tommy-elphick/?page=45

''if it was down to me i would not sell that rabble the pigeon shit from the rafters of the Trinity Road stand let alone any of our players...regardless''

and i still stand by it....i would not do any deal with them unless it was one that put them out of business.....vermin 

Totally agree mate although i would entertain silly amounts of money off them for players not needed etc... but it would have to be stupid money. We should be difficult with them so they dont come knocking again!

The only issue is what the player wants, but they are under contract so we still hold the power until they match what we want/will accept.

We should be aiming to overprice them on eveything... we are rivals after all. No love lost and all that.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think there is a possibility they could finish above us if we continue like we gave in pre season

You mean if we continue not using Kodjia, Jedinak, Adomah or starting Chester?  Yeah I'd be proper furious.

Feel like hes building a decent side there now.. Stockdale Ndoye Downing Elphick Roberts.. Rather Downing than Elmo.. This may be the most competitive we have seen Birmingham in a while .

58 minutes ago, KSV said:

Feel like hes building a decent side there now.. Stockdale Ndoye Downing Elphick Roberts.. Rather Downing than Elmo.. This may be the most competitive we have seen Birmingham in a while .

Think Roberts and N'Doye are good signings , the rest im not bothered about tbh. Dont think they would get in our team. But agreed they wont be a complete shower of shiite like they were last season....just a slightly better shower of shiite!!

Goals will be there problem, the names they have been linked with doesnt worry me either. i think they are all getting far to carried away with 'Arry' band wagon imo.

Put it this way, we have no excuses to finish below them with our squad..

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I think they'll have a good season by their own expectations.  'arry does what he does.  He'll overspend and they'll do well in the short term.  I don't think "doing well" will translate into anything like promotion form, but they'll probably be an annoyance to us in the derbies and they'll be comfortably midtable and might even go somewhere like 8th if he can get them really clicking.  If we can sort ourselves out then they'll be nowhere near us when all's said and done.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think they'll have a good season by their own expectations.  'arry does what he does.  He'll overspend and they'll do well in the short term.  I don't think "doing well" will translate into anything like promotion form, but they'll probably be an annoyance to us in the derbies and they'll be comfortably midtable and might even go somewhere like 8th if he can get them really clicking.  If we can sort ourselves out then they'll be nowhere near us when all's said and done.

Yeah i would agree with that. They will probably beat us at the sty esp if on sky. You cant rule out a play off spot push for them. they also have a very easy start so they will have momentum to start with

but bruce has absolutely no excuse for not finishing above them 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i would agree with that. They will probably beat us at the sty esp if on sky. You cant rule out a play off spot push for them. they also have a very easy start so they will have momentum to start with

but bruce has absolutely no excuse for not finishing above them 

I don't think they'll 'probably' beat us.  They might do if they're really lucky and we're total shit.  But 'probably' makes it more than likely, which it isn't in my mind.  And if they make the playoffs then everyone else up there needs to do some soul searching because that shower shouldn't be top 6.

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think they'll 'probably' beat us.  They might do if they're really lucky and we're total shit.  But 'probably' makes it more than likely, which it isn't in my mind.  And if they make the playoffs then everyone else up there needs to do some soul searching because that shower shouldn't be top 6.

But sometimes doenst work like that ie Huddesfield Town. On paper their side is no better than ours but were much better than us.  

Â