Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I honestly don't think any of them would improve things that much.

Robbie Keane was a great striker in his day but the last time he played properly in English football was over 5 years ago for us.

Cole was past it about 4 years ago (in the prem albeit).

Downing is probably the best of the three in that he played a decent role for Boro when they went up a year ago.

That and he'd have to constantly rotate the side as there's no way Keane and Cole could play 40 games and every three days.We know with Jonh Terry we'll probably do well to get 30 games out of him in the league so it's not really a way to me to build a team to get out of the league the right way.

I would love to have Stewart Downing back at villa. Quality service from wide positions when we have been relying on Hutton. The other two not so sure of. Keane had a good loan spell with us but that's a few years ago now

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm gonna be honest, a (very small) part of me is a bit worried for small Heath with this guy running things.

Even if they get a bit of instant success and go up, you just know it'll end in financial ruin.

That's not worrying, it's **** awesome.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I would love to have Stewart Downing back at villa. Quality service from wide positions when we have been relying on Hutton. The other two not so sure of. Keane had a good loan spell with us but that's a few years ago now

Hell no.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

The downing you remember and the downing today are not the same player. No thank you

9 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Redknapp goes and gets himself a great keeper for this level, but then I see rumors of Lescottt, Downing, and other crap players joining. Very strange. 

He isn't a great keeper by any stretch.

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The downing you remember and the downing today are not the same player. No thank you

On the pitch. Off the pitch he is still the same guy who posed with a Liverpool scarf and showed a complete lack of respect for the club or fans with his behaviour and u turn.

This after we signed him despite his broken foot.

I wouldn't have him back if someone paid us.

Besides, why do people think Boro are so keen to get rid of him despite him having 2 years left on his deal?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Hell no.

Great last season for us , failed at Liverpool but was great at West Ham. At 32 he isn't that old so if you take the emotions out of the situation, which I always do, then he could do a job for us. 

36 minutes ago, PaulC said:

then he could do a job for us. 

If he could do a job for us why don't Middlesbrough want him given that he's a local lad? He never had pace so he can only really play in midfield now, not on the wing, so we definitely don't need him. Also he's not an improvement on anything we already have. 

• Like 1

downings little pace that he had has gone, same with cole. both hasbeens. honestly i dont know what candleface is thinking with these signings along with keane? what future will blose have with these three? if they dont get up next guy has to come in when it goes tits up as i think he will leave if they dont go up then blame someone else like that creep does 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Great last season for us , failed at Liverpool but was great at West Ham. At 32 he isn't that old so if you take the emotions out of the situation, which I always do, then he could do a job for us. 

My reaction was both on emotion and the player, not just the former.

57 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If he could do a job for us why don't Middlesbrough want him given that he's a local lad? He never had pace so he can only really play in midfield now, not on the wing, so we definitely don't need him. Also he's not an improvement on anything we already have. 

I always thought he had pace. he may have slowed down now though

15 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Redknapp goes and gets himself a great keeper for this level, but then I see rumors of Lescottt, Downing, and other crap players joining. Very strange. 

It's how he got Portsmouth promoted many moons ago.

Bought in Merson, Berger, Sheringham(?) I think too plus others, all 35 or older but they clicked and absolutely destroyed the division that year.

I think things have moved on since then though and I don't believe that model will work now, the Championship on the whole is a lot stronger than it was when he took Portsmouth up

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's how he got Portsmouth promoted many moons ago.

Bought in Merson, Berger, Sheringham(?) I think too plus others, all 35 or older but they clicked and absolutely destroyed the division that year.

I think things have moved on since then though and I don't believe that model will work now, the Championship on the whole is a lot stronger than it was when he took Portsmouth up

Well it didn't witless for him at QPR with Rio et al.

Â