Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Quite right Andy. This is a bone of contention for me, just because someone is tall it doesn't mean they are good in the air it simply means that they will statistically win more headers than someone who is smaller. Height has absolutely no relevance to ariel ability simply to odds.

Quite right Andy. This is a bone of contention for me, just because someone is tall it doesn't mean they are good in the air it simply means that they will statistically win more headers than someone who is smaller. Height has absolutely no relevance to ariel ability simply to odds.

I'd even suggest that added height is a hindrance to aerial ability.

Why bother practising during your formative years if you're just going to win everything through just being a bit taller.

I agree. I've always ben tall for my age and because of it heading the ball was something I'd never really bothered with because I never felt I needed to. Now because of this, I'm absoloutely dog shit in the air and can't win anything to save my life, despite being 6'3.

That is also a hinderance though, his shoulders are that much higher than other players so his arms going out to stabilise him end up as elbows in defenders faces. He is not even close to being as bad as people would have you believe, he is also not particularly good either!

what i dont get is all this talk about them saying they should have won it. on what basis? yes we was poor and they were probably the better side over 90 minutes but baring that chance jerome effed up to giraffe boy zigic teh rets of their chances were comfortable saves from friedel?

you would think they had about 9 or 10 shots the way twattum and the blosers are going on

Zigic never attacks the ball, he just lets it drop onto his head. With his height he will often still win them, but he never seems to get a running jump up at the ball, or ever a standing one with any real conviction.

I'd be well pissed off if I was them. We were there for the taking with our negative bollocks and they still couldn't beat us. Hopefully that is the best chance they'll have for a while as I'm hoping we won't be that negative against them again.

Pro boxer Frankie Gavin is backing his best pal Craig Gardner to win round two of his scrap with Aston Villa's Nigel Reo-Coker.

Birmingham midfielder Gardner and his ex-team-mate Reo-Coker, 26, were both booked in Sunday's Second City derby.

The pair clashed twice in the 0-0 draw in the Premier League and were lucky not to be sent off.

Now they are scheduled to face each other in the Carling Cup quarter-final when Aston Villa visit Blues on Wednesday December 1.

And light-welterweight boxer and Brum fan Gavin reckons Gardner, 23, a former Villa trainee, will be favourite to win the midfield battle.

Gavin,25, said: "Craig was in the thick of it on Sunday - he always is.

"I don't think he would need any help if Reo-Coker squares up again.

"We mess about wrestling and he is really strong - Craig is stronger than me definitely.

"If he kicks you, you are going to know about it.

"He has four brothers who can handle themselves so they have obviously had a few fights amongst themselves growing up."

Gavin reckons Gardner's two spats with Reo-Coker were fuelled by the duo's determination to triumph.

He added: "I went for a Nandos with Craig the day after the game.

"Both him and Reo-Coker were up for it and wanted to win.

"Neither of them wanted to lose and they wanted to make sure they didn't."

Gavin is preparing for his ninth pro fight next month in Liverpool on December 11 against Dean Harrison for the WBO Intercontinental light-welterweight title.

He said: "I'd love to see Villa at Blues but it is too close to my fight. I watch it on the TV or internet."

^ :lol:

http://tinyurl.com/33lau7b

Â