Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

So if that's the punishment for not only exceeding spending limits but sticking two fingers up when given a sanction then getting the all clear to do it again then it's not really going to do an awful lot. 

Yeah, it's crazy.  Just encourages teams to take massive punts in the summer, take the point hit in the season following and then just be left all clear with an ace squad for season 2.  Shrug.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Yeah, it's crazy.  Just encourages teams to take massive punts in the summer, take the point hit in the season following and then just be left all clear with an ace squad for season 2.  Shrug.

Half the league will start off on negative points :D

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I just want them in a lower league than us.  They can do what they want then.

Really? While we are in the championship, we absolutely need Blues in there with us,  for the points. If you replaced Blues with another Brentford or QPR, we'd be mid table right now.

36 minutes ago, Nigel said:

So if that's the punishment for not only exceeding spending limits but sticking two fingers up when given a sanction then getting the all clear to do it again then it's not really going to do an awful lot. 

I honestly don’t know how it works but won’t they just be hit again if they don’t balance their books?

Really they should be forced to sell the players they bought. 

The candle-wax spiv yet again denying any knowledge of how football management works I see..

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/11671474/harry-redknapp-denies-responsibility-for-birminghams-potential-points-deduction

Harry Redknapp has denied responsibility for Birmingham City's overspending, which could see the club deducted 12 points.

Birmingham signed 14 players during Redknapp's 13-match spell in charge, which saw him save the club from relegation to League One on the final day of the 2016-17 season - only to be sacked a month into the following campaign.

The transfer spend contributed to losses of £37.5m in the 12-month period before the end of June 2018, which could see the club punished this week after Birmingham bosses faced an EFL disciplinary commission for breaking profit and sustainability results.

A decision is expected before their game at West Bromwich Albion a week on Friday, live on Sky Sports, with a potential 12-point deduction seeing them fall to only two points above the relegation zone.

"It's surely down to the people who run the club, like the chief executive and the chairman, or whoever, to know if we've got any money to spend," Redknapp told The Daily Telegraph.

"I didn't know anything about Financial Fair Play. I was never warned by anyone at the football club that there was going to be a problem with that.

I didn't know anything about Financial Fair Play. I was never warned by anyone at the football club that there was going to be a problem with that.

"There were three lads from Brentford that came in [Jota, Harlee Dean and Maxime Colin] - they were all good players but they weren't on my shopping list.

"I'd never even see any of them play, they were brought in by other people above my head.

"We bought in Isaac Vassell for £1m [from Luton Town], and he will be worth massive money in my opinion. He was an absolute bargain, but I can't even take credit for that because he was nothing to do with me, to be truthful.

"I don't think any of the signings were mine. I was taking John Ruddy on a free transfer from Norwich and instead they brought in David Stockdale from Brighton. The director of football [Jeff Vetere] wasn't brought in by me either."

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I honestly don’t know how it works but won’t they just be hit again if they don’t balance their books?

Really they should be forced to sell the players they bought. 

As far as I'm aware it's a complete reset.

Doesn't seem to act as too much of a deterrent to dissuade other clubs from doing the same to me. Perhaps they are saving the other three points for the failure to control their supporters charge? 

That said, the league table has a more familiar look about it today. It's just a pity they weren't in their usual relegation struggle this season, to give this points deduction a bigger impact upon them.

Time for Harry to get his knighthood for services to football now, I would suggest. He's done a terrific job at Small Heath in getting them to the foot of the league again! :D

A slap on the wrist, carefully measured to ensure no real damaging outcome.

That's good news for us and for the host of other Championship sides in a similar position.

I think the EFL will need to look at its £13m of losses figure as currently more than half of the teams in the Championship will fail that this season - obviously the small heath penalty is exacerbated by the breach of the transfer ban, but we could find ourselves in the farcical position of a league where fourteen teams have had points deductions and the result is largely decided by how teams choose to manage those punishments.

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I suppose thats what Purslow meant by saying we have FFP under control

Nothing stopping us or anybody splashing 100 million on a squad and going up by 10 points

Definitely doesn't seem worth it to fire sale all your players to meet this criteria.

I suppose the only way to counteract this deduction is to get better players in to get you more points to cope.

Haven't really thought this through have they! 

Â