Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

6 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

9 points. 

Waste of time! 

This season? They'll probably be safe if so.

Although I think they'll be on a real slump now for the rest of the season, they could easily get sucked into a relegation battle.

Think 9 points is fine. 3 points and then rest suspended would've been mick take. Also a warning to us to get our books in order in the summer as it's hard enough for us to be promoted starting from 0 points in August.

They are on a slump and have West Brom away and Leeds and Sheffield United at home as next three....I do expect them to stay up though.

But hey if there's any excuse to get the relegation point-o-meter going again with @bobzy I'll take it. :ph34r:

So once you've taken your fine/points deduction does a new 3-year cycle begin where you can presumably spend what you like again or are accounts checked every year taking into account the previous 2 years each time? I really hope we dont get deducted points, and we have been seen to been making attempts to get things in order.

@VillaChris, just check out this run of fixtures:

West Brom (A)
Leeds (H)
Sheff Utd (H)
Ipswich (A)
Derby (H)
Rotherham (A)
Wigan (H)
Reading (A)

Nobody there is playing for nothing - all are either promotion, playoff hopefuls or fighting relegation.  Shame that the deduction isn't 12 points and I feel a 5 point buffer now will be enough but that's a horrible end to a season.

I don't think they're quite as **** as Bournemouth though :ph34r:

Edit:  Just checked Rotherham's fixtures.  Yeah, they're going down.  Blues are safe.

Edited by bobzy

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

So once you've taken your fine/points deduction does a new 3-year cycle begin where you can presumably spend what you like again or are accounts checked every year taking into account the previous 2 years each time? I really hope we dont get deducted points, and we have been seen to been making attempts to get things in order.

Slate wiped clean, free to run up £39million losses in 3 seasons again.

Huge result for blues this

6 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This is the main bit really.  9 points is a pretty hefty deduction if you're still in a 3-year cycle.  Teams won't risk 9 points to get a further punishment (likely to be more severe?) the next season.

However, if the cycle starts fresh again then... yeah, everyone will be at it.

So if that's the punishment for not only exceeding spending limits but sticking two fingers up when given a sanction, then getting the all clear to do it again, then it's not really going to do an awful lot!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 2

Â