Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s just typical that they’ll receive a points deduction in a season which probably won’t affect them. Even if it was a 12-15 point deduction I think they’d stay up. I know such a punishment would put them in the relegation zone, but they have enough about them to avoid the drop.

Them possibly not being able to offer contracts to some of their players and youngsters may prove problematic for them though.

I doesn’t matter, I think they are likely to go into financial meltdown in the next 12-18 months anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EFL will give them a 3 or 6 point deduction which won't do a lot in the grand scheme of things. Its sounds severe but not really. 

What will hurt them is 2/3 transfer window embargo. With Monk the favourite for the Southampton job, he will be off as soon as another decent job comes along.

Almost certain to get relegated next season if that is the case. 

Edited by pas5898

15 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It may be more of a Valentines Day treat according to the telegraph -

More on the link below, they seem to think it will be up to 12 points, I thought the maximum was 21. 

Link

I get the feeling if they are really are serious about deducting points they'll wait to Feb or March when SHA are about 10-15 points clear of bottom 3 (which they look like to be with how their serious has gone) and do it then.

Less legal challenge if they don't go down because of it.

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

1st goal they scored yesterday is so fluky that its comical. 35 yard pass not a shot from Kieftenbeld to the Preston keeper goes through his legs

Yep a terrible clanger which they never recovered from. Blose are only side unbeaten at home. Imagine if that continues until we go to the sty and beat them

They only had to maintain their decent home form to move above us yesterday and they messed it up. I hope it’s the start of 26 successive defeats but as I know life isn’t perfect, I expect it is just confirmation that they aren’t going to freak a 6th place play-off place.

As for any points deduction, the EFL will bottle it again. Waiting until February will give them a good estimate on the losers final points total and dictate any points deduction. The EFL won’t want to be the blame for relegation. Cowards.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Monks doing a remarkable job you have to say considering the squad and resources. Aurely he will be off to a bigger club soon he is wasted at blose.

He's had bigger clubs recently (Leeds and Boro) and they haven't worked out for whatsoever.

Sometimes it's a good thing for a manager to thrive at an underdog club for couple of years and boost their reputation that way and he's certainly doing it atm as I had them down as bottom 8 with all their issues in August.

Â