Dwight Yorke Interview

omariqy

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont like the guy in all honesty. The way he left the way he mocked villa fans at United. And i am disgusted that he has abandoned his son who is really unwell.

But for villa he was great one of our greats. As a man i dont like him at all

Yeah Im kind of the same with him. 

Should have been a legend, but he just burnt too many bridges!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Oh lets not forget he signed for blose too and im sure he said something to imply blose were bigger than us?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, omariqy said:

Hope the mods don’t mind but in case it got lost in the sticky thread, here’s our interview with Dwight Yorke 👍🏾

Jeez you had me scared in multiple ways on the title I really thought an interview for a job at Villa was coming.

You had me scared because I really thought we may be hearing talk of Katie Price as well, now wouldn't that feel like Christmas coal in your stocking at this time of the year.

Talking off air with Dwight it was clear to see that the Blues move was a low point in his career as he saw it. He also said he meant Blues were bigger within Birmingham than Villa - reckon that was just to get onside with the fans. 

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

He did....He was probably right about the mentality at the time.....The owners was partly responsible for that, they were not driven enough and didn't have the financial wherewithal to be.

I think the present owners, will show a difference in that respect.

Dwight never had the same intrinsic connection with the club, like Jack has.....but I do understand that good players have to have good players around them, to encourage them to stay.

Edited by TRO

Didnt like the way he left, but felt he had earned his opportunity for silverware at the time, which he proved was the right personal decision for him and we got a decent enough fee for him.

However, ever since I heard him on the radio moaning about why he wasn’t considered for the villa managers job.. I can’t stand him.

He was waving the racism card about like that could be the only possible reason for it.  

**** off and apply for the Man Utd job u deluded clearing in the woods.  Oh, and maybe go say hi to your son.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Didnt like the way he left, but felt he had earned his opportunity for silverware at the time, which he proved was the right personal decision for him and we got a decent enough fee for him.

However, ever since I heard him on the radio moaning about why he wasn’t considered for the villa managers job.. I can’t stand him.

He was waving the racism card about like that could be the only possible reason for it.  

**** off and apply for the Man Utd job u deluded clearing in the woods.  Oh, and maybe go say hi to your son.

He speaks quite well in the interview about management. Admits he went about it in the wrong way.

This interview brought back so many memories ♥️

I've got my 96-97 shirt hung up at home and I want to get it framed, for some reason that shirt reminds me of Yorke. Those were the days, 92-98, I was a teenager and football was my life.

• Like 2

My fav player as a kid, used to live by us when he was in digs with Sheila and Bryn which he mentioned in that interview and when he left as he only moved around the corner from them, as I know he kept in contact with them when he left the villa 

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

Â