Weekends Football 18/20 December

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

But yet 1 has a goal and an extra team mate and the other is sat in the dressing room.

It's where they get themselves in a tangle with the unwritten rule you only get a decision when you go to ground.  Should've been a free kick and a red card as it happened first before Wilson dived in the box.  I can pretty safely say we would have been on the wrong end of it, whichever way it was given.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

And no one will talk about it.

Imagine if Jack did that

The commentator literally called it out as cheating and said the decision was completely wrong. We don't need to have a persecution complex here.

Just flicked on SSN and all they’ve focused on were the games they’re showing.

Not a single mention of one of the oldest league derby fixtures but instead hyping up some made up crap between Leeds and ManUre...(I know there’s a rivalry there but with both ManUre and Leeds equally detestable, isn’t it any wonder neither like each other!) 

switched it off... 

Edited by theboyangel

I'm just lost with the inconsistency.

The same ref (Michal Oliver - today on VAR, our game with Brighton on field) can look at March's tackle on Trez and say that an incidental flick on the ball means it isn't a foul, and then today say that the ball is irrelevant in Lundstram's red. I'd understand it if there were different refs, but this is the same one. VAR doesn't work when there's so much subjectivity.

• Like 1

Looking bleak for Sheff united, unless they pull something out of the bag today they’re going to get to Christmas without having won a game. A statistic that is slightly skewed of course by the fact the season started later than usual and so less games have taken place up to this point versus a ‘normal’ season schedule.

Either way though that is grim.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm just lost with the inconsistency.

The same ref (Michal Oliver - today on VAR, our game with Brighton on field) can look at March's tackle on Trez and say that an incidental flick on the ball means it isn't a foul, and then today say that the ball is irrelevant in Lundstram's red. I'd understand it if there were different refs, but this is the same one. VAR doesn't work when there's so much subjectivity.

I think, thankfully, there seems to be a growing swell towards having it scrapped altogether. A lot of high profile people now saying that it has just made the game worse, fingers crossed the powers that be listen and we can have normal, enjoyable football back. 

Â